Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Check out this picture my dad sent me last week. I remember that horse and loving it. I was such a darling child!!!! Often times people will ask "where did Jordan get his curly hair from?" Well there you go. The apple does not fall far from the tree.
What a crazy, wonderful, happy, week we are having getting ready for this wonderful holdiay. Life is a bit tighter in the pocket this year I think for everyone so I had the marvelous idea that I could make all of my gifts. It's not that I don't have the talent, I am totally talented in that way!!!!!!!!, Just kidding, but oh man I have forgotten how OCD I can get and how long things take to make. My goal was to have all of the things pretty much finished by Thursday of this week so that I could clean all day Friday and be ready for the wonderful event on Saturday at 11:35 to be exact when my wonderful daughter and her husband land in Phoenix. They get to spend 3 weeks in Mesa with both of their families who love sharing them with each other. So that was the plan. My sweet mom came on Monday and we began sewing at about 9:00 a.m., we did stop for about 1/2 hour to engulf lunch and then back to the machines it was. We finally gave up the ghost at about 3ish and felt very proud of our accomplishments, but were still not anywhere near being done with the first of about 3 more projects. I can't really say what the projects are or some people will not have a suprise. I was going to take pictures, but that would give it away as well. Needless to say at the end of the day, I could no longer move. My back was out of wack, my eyes were blurred, and my poor sewing maching was pooped out. So we hung out on the couch for a couple of hours and vegged and then I slowly made my way down the hall like a 100 year old woman and crashed only to begin the process again the next morning. Tuesday came and I accomplished more, but still did not finish. I needed more parts. So I went and got my mother and we went to the stores. The last one was Hobby Lobby, need I say more. I think we looked at, picked up, put in the cart, took out of the cart, went to the cash register, left the cash register because there was one more thing we forgot to look at about 3,000,000 times (at least). Anyway we finally got out of there with all the finishing products in bags. Today I am going to finish, if it kills me and it might. At least I will finish the first of 3 - 4 projects. But that is saying something. Sometimes (most of the times) I tend to bite off more then I can chew. So for those of you receiving these wonderful homemade gifts, know that they were made with much love and many, many doses of advil for the back!!! I hope that all of you are having a wonderful holiday. Make it the very best that you can. I use to stress so much about what I gave, and now it's just a little homemade thing with a ton of love behind it. Learn now just to give the love, nobody cares really what they get (well maybe some do), but I don't anymore, I just want my family around laughing and helping each other and just being good people. That's what I want this year. I know we can do that, so it's going to be the best Christmas ever. I love all of you, have an amazing rest of the week, and don't forget to Laugh, a whole lot.
In fact laugh all day long if you can, it really does feel good.

4 comments:

Turleygirl said...

You are so dang cute I can hardly stand it. The funny thing is that I can hear your voice & laughter when I read your posts. You are so great!!!

elizabeth lawlor said...

MOM!!! :) i am soooo dang excited for jacque to me bome and you are probably 1 billion times more excited!!
i better be getting one of those handmade gifts!
ahahahha just kiddin!
love you!

Sunderhaus Family said...

Wow, you must love people a ton. If I was dying like that I would...um..stop. That is why God likes you better :)

I love it when people homemake their gifts. I am making Steph's and Chris' this year, and I am very excited about it. Did you ever get that pic of you, Herb, and Jordan taken?

Merry Christmas! I am so excited for Jacque to see Anna!

Marilyn said...

OCD, you? I think all of us are a little OCD with certain things. Love the Christmas blog background that I think I will change mine. Can't wait for your girl to get home! Have a good one and don't run yourself into the ground!