

This kid is amazing!!!! It's so sad to me that at the end of this week is the end of a 10 year stretch of watching my kids play volleyball. What will I do with all of my time!!! Red Mountain ended regular season with 16 wins and 1 loss. It has been an incredible ride so far. Last night was the 1st round of State Championship games. We are ranked 3rd in the State and we played Marana Mountain View from Tucson. It was exciting for sure. We won and that's is of course the best part. It is best out of 5 games and it did take us 4 games to do it, but non the less it got done!!! On Wednesday we take on the Gilbert team at Red Mountain at 6:30 p.m. Of course the farther you go in the play-offs the harder it is to win, but I know that if we play like we can we can do it. I am so proud of Jordan, he really does lead this team and rallies them together so well. I love to watch his intense expressions when he kills that ball, and I love to watch his brother Cody (who is the coach with coach Pebbles). He is so proud as well of his little brother. He has taught him so much and I know that it is killing Cody to not be out there on the court. His senior year they took 2nd in the State Finals, so this is such a great opportunity to be in the finals again. I know that Jordan really wants to win this not only for his team, but for his brother. I am telling you, if you want to see a great match you should come and watch on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. It is so awesome to see. I can't wait. Now for a little bragging which Jordan will not be happy with, but heck who's blog is this anyway!!! Red Mountain took the region championship for the 2nd year in a row and Jordan and his really good friend Ben Dockter took Co-MVP's of the region. Then the next evening Jordan was awarded with the Most Outstanding Athlete at Red Mountain and Ben was awarded the Most Outstanding All Around Athlete at Red Mountain. I am so proud of both of them. They have been playing this game together and with a few others for 4 straight years on this varsity team. We loose 8 seniors this year, which is so many, but I know that the coaching will continue to be great and that next years team will build on the past and step up to the plate. Our family loves volleyball and have so enjoyed this journey with our kids.By the way, Nana is doing great, they even considered taking her off of hospice, but we are hoping that they keep her on, the help is amazing and the support of hospice is priceless, but she goes to all the games with us and is really doing well. Thanks for all of your prayers, and I will be a better blogger. Keep watching for the State Championship update!!!
2 comments:
I LOVE IT MOM! please keep them coming(: HE is such an amazing brother...GO JORDAN! I'm dying not being there, but hopefully they'll make it to the end and I can watch it on the internet or something. We love you guys!
These are the pay back moments. You have every right to "brag"! That is awesome! They must have gotten their talent from you....you were one heck of a drill team member in 9th grade....
Post a Comment