I chose to go to Logan, Utah. I know you wonder why, well I don't. Jacque's there and I actually think that Logan is beautiful. So I decided to go somewhere that I love to be and to relax and read and sleep and eat and shop and do whatever I wanted and it was GREAT!!!
Curtis LOVES to go fly fishing. But as you can see there is snow on the ground which makes the winds in Logan really crazy cold. So he practices in their yard and it is a blast to watch.
He took a class and learned how to make his own rod and WOW he did a beautiful job.
Herb was so good to just come along and do whatever I wanted to do. We have grown to love making puzzles when we take care of his parents. We find it so relaxing.
Here is Daddy's girl. She was so good to push her life aside for us to visit. We loved every second.
At one point we got to laughing (or wheezing as my kids say I do) so hard I turned purple.
but we could not stop, for a really long time. I almost needed oxygen!!!
You know once you start you just can't stop!
2 hours after we started here is the finished product. Not bad huh!
I think this is 2nd dam and it was so pretty with all of the snow.
They have such a beautiful Tabernacle there. One of these visits I am going to park and go in.
Here is the Temple on the day we left. It has snowed all night long. So pretty.
Here it is at night. We went and did sealings on Friday Night. It was so great. I love going to the Temple and especially with my kids. We need to do that more often.
So so pretty. No wonder Jacque wanted to be sealed here.
When we got there on Thursday it was all white like this, but a couple of days later all of the snow melted and I was so sad I had not brought my camera in the car that first day. But on the night before we left it began to snow really steady and this is the tree just outside our hotel window. I just think the snow is beautiful, but I don't have to live in it.
Here is our really nice (old person) car. My cousin Andy gave us a bunch of certificates so we got it for free. Thanks so much Andy. It's the nicest care I have ever been in.
(Old people have really nice cars!!!)
Here is Herb with his new fancy tool. THE SCRAPER!!! He went out to load the car and needed to use this fancy tool that just happened to be in the back seat. It's fun to do ONCE!!!
Wouldn't want to wake up to this every morning though........
This is Jacque and Curts back yard. They call their apartments triads and in the center is this wonderful yard with a playground for kids. It really is a great space.
Right now it is where Curt fishes....he throws everything back!!!
What a wonderful time we had.
The Logan Cemetary is beautiful. It was covered in white and the trees are so pretty, so we drove through and took some really cool pictures.



Thanks kids for letting us come and snow on your parade. It was a wonderful get away.
One I will not soon forget........(Well hopefully)
We Love You
And thank you Stephanie for taking over for me with Nana. You will never know how much I appreciate that. You are so good to do that for me and I know that Nana enjoyed you taking such good care of her. I really do appreciate it. Love you tons girl.
11 comments:
Fun and beautiful! It is great to see Jackie! Happy belated 50th!
Happy Birthday old friend! I am right behind you! Where has the time gone?
Thanks for coming to visit! We LOVE having family(: And the laughing was over some dumb comment I said, I remember what it was, but am too embarrassed to post it!(: We love you both so much, thank you for everything. Wish it didn't have to end so soon
Yay.. I'm glad you had such a great trip and that it was so beautiful up there for you. And no problem anytime!! seriously.. Love you
oh and WAY gorgeous pictures in the cemetery. Love em
how fun. and happy birthday. and can i please just say that i LOVE your new picture at the top of your blog? such cutie pies (all 4 of you!)
Wendi you missed your calling, or you are just super talented. GREAT pictures and you sew so beautifully! So glad you got to go and had such a great time. Just think, in a few short weeks you get to go again!
It looks like such an amazing trip...it was so great that you got to go visit. We love the picture of the temple with the bare trees.
We are so glad that you got to fly to Utah and visit and just hang out with them.
Happy Happy Birthday my sweet friend!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Birthday!! You took amazing pictures!! Love and miss you tons!!!!
Happy 50th Birthday! Loved all the pictures. The Logan temple is so pretty at night.
How fun!!!! You can tell you are totally from sunny Arizona no jackets on and there is snow on the ground.
Post a Comment