Well it's that time of year again, when I make my way to Oceanside to relax and enjoy some time away from the real world. Usually the first part of our beach trip is spent with kids and their friends, but this year, with Jordan on his mission and all of the other children married I decided to spoil myself and bring along some of my friends. Oh my word that was a WONDERFUL idea.
We left on Thursday morning and we laughed and played and read and slept and ate, did I mention eating cuz we did that a lot. We played games, and laughed some more and ate some more and I slept some more and it was a wonderful 6 days.
Isn't this a beautiful sunset. Every night this is what we got to witness just outside our back door. Sooooooooo beautiful.
What great friends I brought. We could not have gotten along any better.
We went to the grocery store the first night to stock up on that food and of course that is where all of the fun began.
Every night we played games and laughed so hard our sides hurt. Somehow Marcy Burr and I always found a song to break into without hesitation. It was really funny (You might have had to be there).
On Saturday Morning we went to the Temple in San Diego. It was wonderful. We ended up there during the spanish session, my headphones did not work at all but I really enjoyed that because now I know how Jordan must feel trying to understand a totally different language. Then after the session I ran into my old friend Elmer Heap. His daughter was being sealed that day. Small small world. I loved being in the Temple with my friends.
We went on a walk down by the pier and it was sunset again. So pretty. The wind was obviously blowing and the weather could not have been more perfect.
I am sure that Nan thought we only brought her to be the maid, but we really didn't. She is just such a helper girl and by the way a wonderful cook. We ate well, very very well.
On Sunday (while I was taking a huge long wonderful nap) a few of the girls took a Sunday walk. Here is Glenda and Marcy enjoying the beautiful weather.
This is Marcy and Marcy on the pier during their Sunday walk.
Evidently this pelican just sat on the pier posing for pictures. It wasn't even bothered by the people walking up and down the pier.
All of us enjoy reading and we got a ton of that done as well.

We also got to relax just sitting by the beach. This shot is just outside our back door. Such beautiful days.
We painted toenails and laughed even more.

We went to our friend Allison's ward. She lives here in Oceanside and I love that I get to see her every year when we come.
We also got to relax just sitting by the beach. This shot is just outside our back door. Such beautiful days.
I just want to thank my friends, well really my sisters. We had so much fun together. I was not ready for it to end. But as we all know all good things must come to an end eventually.
We made wonderful memories that I will cherish forever.
Thank You Girls, for an amazing time.
I love all of you.
Everyone should spend time with their friends, just relaxing, reading, laughing, eating, playing games, shopping, watching movies, going to the Temple, and to Church,
to the Yum Yum Donut shops
oh yes and everyone should pick a new boyfriend named Stevie
at the In and Out Burger on 78th!!!
Thanks for the memories girls.
And now for the rest of the week, the love of my life is here. We are also having a wonderful time relaxing and remembering how much we are in love. Thanks Herb for allowing me time with my friends and now you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me...........
6 comments:
lOOKS like you had the time of your life!!:) I love it! You amaze me wendi, you always have the best perspectives!! Truley grateful you are on my life!! Love ya tons!!
Yay for fun girl times!! That really is such a blast! I'm so glad you gals got to have that time together! Now you and Dad enjoy every minute! Love you!!
I am so jealous! Miss you guys!
ROFL I love the picture of you in the little car and I REALLY like the picture of you guys by the San Diego temple. Its so beautiful. I am so glad that you guys got to have so much fun together as girls. That is just awesome.
Wendi, thank you for inviting us to spend a wonderful 5 days with you and enjoy the beach. I have never laughed so hard in my life and really needed the time away. You're the BEST!!
I don't know how I didn't see this until now but what a fun, fun post and even better time 'in person'. Thanks for re-charge and for one of my best weeks ever!!!
Post a Comment