Sunday, August 7, 2011

One of the Best Sundays together in a long time...

Don't you love days when things just go wonderfully, and everybody is doing whatever they want, and we are all so happy. That is what tonight was. Although we are always missing our Jacque and Curt, and our Elder Sunderhaus, we try to make the best out of each time we get together. Since Nana's passing I have been in quite the funk. Can't really put a nail on it, but I have not felt very happy, so.........


 Even though we usually do not have dinner on the 1st and 3rd Sundays together (too many meetings), I have been missing my kiddos and so I decided to do an easy hawaiian haystacks dinner and have them come even though I had meetings. It was so great. We laughed and of course had shouting matches at the table (just not as many as normal, and these were fun shouting matches!!! :)......Then after dinner we just all went our separate ways. The babies (now 1, 2 & 3 years old) all went out back to play. At first Herb and I were enjoying them together and then I went inside to check on Papa (Herb's dad who is living with us), and I heard the girls in the living room, playing the piano and singing so I decided to join in on that fun. It was great. Rachel is extremely talented and both Stephanie and I want to hurt her cuz we are jealous!!!! But since we love her we decided to simply enjoy her talent and sing right along with her. It was great. I layed down on Stephanies lap and she just ran her fingers through my hair,  HEAVEN!!!! Thanks Stephanie!!! By the way these girls both have amazing voices and sound so beautiful together when they harmonize. It was so great!!!!

I know that Rachel will be thrilled with this picture!!! She cracks me up. They printed off some cords from a song that Stephanie likes and Rachel just sat down and played the whole thing. Man I wish I could do that, and Stephanie would just harmonize so beautifully. I wish I could record all of these wonderful moments, but I am always a day late and dollar short. Oh well, the memory is a great one.
 All of a sudden I looked out the window and what did I see........3 little cousins smiling at me.....
Papa is so good and put them all in this wagon for a ride. What a beautiful night it was and just perfect for a walk. (I do have to say that we need to get a real wagon, this one is really for toting things around the yard not little ones and it is difficult to drive). But for now it works wonders. Are they adorable or what!!!
 Then of course there are these 2 goof-balls. They were just sitting in the nice breeze banging on the window to drive their mother crazy. Aren't they a delight. I do love this picture of them. The just visited and visited. It was so fun.

The little ones are really beginging to play so well together, the girls really do love each other and Lexee is talking so good now that listening to their little conversations just makes me smile. We ate good food, had wonderful cupcakes for dessert (thanks rachel), and cleaned up and simply enjoyed each other tonight. It could not have been planned, it just worked, and for that I am grateful. My cup is full again, and even though I miss the Nana sometimes, I am so grateful for the family that I have near me, a wonderful husband who supports me so much, and children who are my delight (even though they might drive me crazy), they truly are my delight. So thanks kids & honey for the best Sunday together in a long time. I love all of you........

5 comments:

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

awwww... thanks for that post mom... it was a fun night i agree! Love you!

Marci said...

Sundays are so nice and I am glad you had such a great one.

Sunderhaus Family said...

It was certainly a lovely evening.... you make a wonderful home :) Those pictures of the kids are so lovely and cute!!! I need copies!!

Marilyn said...

So glad you had a great Sunday! Nothing better than having the whole family together and they all get along.

Anonymous said...

creative and beyond talented as usual! Those little ones look so happy and peaceful. What a gift you have for helping them feel the sweet and beautiful parts of life.