Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here's the Gang

Good morning to all of you. I thought I would post a picture of my gang. We took this one when our daughter Jacque and her husband Curt were here for Herb's 50th birthday. Did I mention that Herb is wonderful? Well just in case I didn't, he is, and amazing too. Anyway enough on that for now. These are our Children, from left to right!!! Rachel, Baby Anna, and Christopher. What an adorable little family. He is our oldest son, and he and Rachel have been married for about 2 1/2 years. She sings like a bird. What a beautiful voice. This year on June 1st they gave us the most amazing gift, her name is Anna! She is a delight. She is so good natured and sweet, and we are blessed to have her in our family. In the very back corner is our youngest son Jordan. He is a senior this year at Red Mountain High School. What a great kid. He makes us laugh every single day, and has been doing that since he was a baby. Heavenly Father knew I needed a funny one to keep me laughing in my old age. Well actually I am not old yet, Herb is though! Did I mention he is 50 this year. I am sure he would want all of you to know that!!! Just below Jordan, is our 2nd son Cody just above his left shoulder, is his wife Stephanie. They have been married just over 3 years now and we would be really bored in our family without them, for sure. Stephanie came bouncing into our family about 5 years ago, and we have enjoyed every single minute. They are great!!! Just to the right of Stephanie, is our Jacque and her new husband Curt. They were married this summer, and now they are going to school in Logan at Utah State University. We miss them a ton, every minute I do believe, but they are so happy there and that is the way it should be right! We can't wait until Christmas when we can see them again. I love my family. Have I mentioned that. They drive me crazy most days, make me totally unable to sleep some nights, but for the most part they are perfect, simply perfect. With all their differences, we blend together really well and seem to enjoy each others company as often as possible. Herb and I are definitely blessed to have all of them, they enrich our lives each day. Wow that was deep!!! Anyway, this week I am especially grateful for my family. They are good kids all of them, and I am thankful for every second I have had so far with them.....even the hard seconds. That's what makes life interesting, and fun, and scary, and exciting, and all those really big words that I can't spell, so you fill in the blanks. We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year. I like that because it makes me clean, and clean I have. Herb and I worked on the laundry room (where all of the fabric use to live!!!) last night and we got a ton done. Oh the dust, wow, why do we live in Arizona? Good question!!! Anyway, I really do like having it at my house. I am always nervous of the Turkey. I am the worst cook in town, and it is my pleasure to cook the bird this year. Wish me luck. My brother Scott and his family, and my sister Amy and her family, and my parents will be joining us this year. Not too big of a group, just right. So I will take pictures of the joyful event and attempt to post them tomorrow. Thanks for being my friends and family. I really am thankful for all of you. You mean the world to me......just thought I'd let you know. Have an amazing Thanksgiving, and don't forget to love each other, even if the turkey did not turn out the way you wanted it to.

5 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

very cute :) Good luck on the bird!

Turleygirl said...

Love it!!! Looking forward to hearing all about your fun, happy, crazy life.

curtis and jacque dana said...

MOM I LOVE IT! You are so dang good at the blog thing already(; Hope you guys have a fabulous THANKSGIVING...we sure will miss you this year, BUT cant wait for CHRISTMAS! Love you

elizabeth lawlor said...

man...you good cook you! have no worries about it at all! :)
have a wonderful day!
love you!

Marilyn said...

You are not the worst cook, I have that title. I will miss being with my Sunderhaus/Welker family this year. I LOVE the blog. You are so going to love doing this! Happy turkey day and see you tonight!