Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today is a wonderful day

Hello there my friends. I am having the best day ever in my happy place. My sweet husband gave it to me for Christmas (early of course) but it is the best. It has taken us about two weeks to get it all together, well really Herb put it together just right after we got it, did I mention that he is wonderful, well he is. Anyway, if you know me you know that I love to sew (for the most part). I am addicted to shopping at fabric stores for no apparent reason. In my head there is a reason, but not really. I just love fabric. So needless to say my house is filled from top to bottom, bin after bin, and bag after bag with fabric, and thread, oh my word, the thread. I had no clue how much thread I had until..........the day I began organizing. I hate organizing, I love things to be organized I just hate doing it, but it had to be done, especially since wonderful Herb got me this wonderful desk and organizer from (IKEA) love it!!!! So the organizing began. It was a long process. My friends came over to lend a helping hand and before we could say "Bob's your uncle" we were done. But there was so much more fabric, I was sure of that and we searched and searched, looking all over the house, and in the garage, and under the beds and in the closets, and everywhere you could think and to our suprise, especially mine, we could not find the rest of my heap of fabric. I knew it was somewhere, but where??? Well at last Marilyn and I made our way to the garage for the umpteenth time and while going through the laundry room I looked to my left and there it was. Shelves and shelves of fabric. Way too overwhelming to continue the organizing process that day, so we stopped and went to lunch. UMMMMMM so good. Anyway a day or two later I got brave again and pulled out all 12, yes I said 12 huge bins of wonderful fabric. I love fabric, did I mention that? Well just incase you were wondering I do. Anyway, in the middle of the night when I no longer could sleep, I decided that would be a quiet thing to do, so from 3:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. I sorted and sorted and sorted. Finally it was done and I was pooped out big time. So as my wonderful husband was getting up I was returning once again to bed. Now mind you I had only sorted the fabric into colors, no folding or putting it away had happened yet. That would be saved for last night. A whole week after this adventure began. What an evening, while watching the great adventures of all of the NCIS's we have on the DVR I proceeded to fold and sort the colors. One by one it happened and all of a sudden the fabric was put away. Well the little bins, but this morning I had another adventure from 3:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. and filled the closet shelves as well. I layed back down for about an hour and then I said "Let the sewing begin". It has been a wonderful day. So many happy moments, in my very happy place, where if you are ever looking for me and can't find me at the fabric store, here is where I will be. In my Happy Place. It's the best!!! I hope your day was a good as mine.

4 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

I love the blog!

elizabeth lawlor said...

WENDI!!!!!!!! :) i am soooooooooooooooooo glad you got a blog!! i love you so much!
i wish i had that happy of a place! haha..just kidding!
my day was wonderful!!

Marilyn said...

I am so proud of for getting your happy place organized. It will be the funnest room (for you) in your house. Now if only I could find a happy place for my scrapbook stuff!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

YAY MOM!!