Saturday, January 3, 2009
I Love Hugs!!!
I love hugs. And as I look back on the past few weeks, I have especially appreciated all of the hugs that have come my way. Yesterday was bitter sweet. Jacque and Curtis went home. I love it and hate it all at the same time. So I tried to take a step back and enjoy the day rather then resent the fact that 3 weeks went by way tooooooooooooo fast. So I watched as hugs began. Sweet, tender hugs. The ones that have to last for at least 7 more months until we all see them again. August, it is so far away. I think my favorite hugs to see are those between her brothers. First her oldest brother (who is the best hugger ever!!!). He just engulfs her (I am sure that is not spelled right!) He is the most tender boy and he is so proud of his little sister and her life. So when they hugged, I watched and tried really hard to imprint that in my mind for later. Then came her next older brother, so much taller then her, you can hardly see her when he bends over to give her that squeeze. So again I sat back and observed, the love they have for one another. He too is so proud of her and I know deep in those boys hearts it is not easy to watch her grow up and leave all the time, but they are both so good and supportive and I hope they know how much she looks up to them and appreciates all of their love. Next comes her little brother Jordan, who is also sooooooo much taller than her it is really cute to see. They just embrace with such a bond. I know that Jordan has learned a ton from his big sister and he too is proud. I know that we shouldn't be prideful, but I love that her brothers are so proud. I love how she hugs her sister's (the ones the boy's gave her when they found their wonderful wifes). She always wanted a sister and now she has two. She is so happy to hug her sisters. Then there is that little baby Anna, who I might add adores her aunt Jacque. She really has only seen her a few times, and yet there is definately a bond that is beyond our earthly knowledge. Finally the hugging is finished for a few hours while they pack and get ready to go. Then before I can blink the time is up and we have to give our hugs. We stop by the Dana's for their final hugs. Her new family, (whom she loves beyond love) and watch once again the sweet, tender good-byes, or see you soon's. I just sit back and watch as hugs are exchanged with all of her new brothers, her new Dad and Mom and then it's time for the drive to begin. It is especially short today, I hate that drive, but know that it must be done. Only a few more years of all of the hugs at the holidays, and the quick trips, wondering just how long it will feel until the glad to see you again hugs get to happen. I try talking to my head and telling me to be happy, they are happy, life is good, and they will be done and home before we know it. It is working (I think) until we take the airport exit. Then I can feel the tears welling up and I open my eyes as big as I can so that nobody can see the tears. It's happening, the moment I have not been looking forward to, the last hug for a while. But it comes and I watch as her dad takes her in his arms and squeezes as hard as he can. The floodgates open and I can't help it anymore. That is such a precious moment. She loves her dad soooooo much, and she of course is the joy of his life. Now it is time, my time for my hug. I try really hard nto to cry but I can't help it. How grateful I am for hugs. For the moments you get to wisper in each others ears how much you love them, and how proud you are of them, and how grateful you are for the times that we get to hug. I file that sweet moment in my memory banks and promise that I will try to come and visit and catch another hug before too long. Then they leave, and I am so thankful for hugs. Hugs that will keep us going for whatever length of time we are apart. Hugs that are sweet, with little ones, with sisters, brothers, son in laws, husbands, family and friends. Hugs are the best don't you think. Take time and hug someone today, and then while you have them really close, whisper how much they mean to you in their ear. Hugs, I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mom I lOVED IT! Sure does help to remember those great hugs! It makes those hard times go by a little faster(: Thanks again for everything, it was a wonderful break. We love you and can't wait to see you soon. i think I through curt for a loop, I guess he hasn't seen me cry over reading a sweet letter, ect! Learning new things each day and loving it! I love you mom-``- (thats suppossed to look like a hug(:
That is sweet
That was tear jerker.
aw wendi! you are such a good mom. i learn so much from you! well..who knows if i get married here. she will be coming down!! hahah!! who knows?!?!
Post a Comment