Monday, January 5, 2009

A Quarter of a Century Old!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!! I can't believe that it has been 25 years since the big arrival of my first baby. Man I must be old. I will never forget that day. The excitement, the panic, the pain!!!! All worth every ounce of it. I have never felt such joy until they pulled you out with those mean forcepts and wrapped you in that blanket to hand him to me. Pride and Joy. He was amazing, and by the way he still is amazing. I think that is the word I love about my Christopher. Happy Birthday son... You are the best:)I just want to take a minute and say how grateful I am for this boy. I know that being the first baby is really not as fun as one would think. You are the one the parents learn on. I wasn't a very good learner I am afraid, but he has been very patient with my non-learning abilities. I hope he knows how much he means to me. He is my SUPERMAN for sure. Today I want him to know all the things that I adore and admire in him so here we go. I love the way he crunches up his nose when he is simply delighted about something. No matter what that something may be. I love how he can chug a mountain dew even faster then his dad and that is quite the accomplishment!!! I love, how he gets really mad and leaves and then when he comes back it's the best talk ever. I love how even when his leg was broken he could do the best chicken dance ever!!! I love that laugh of his as a child and as an adult. I love how he loves life to the fullest. I love that even though he has been through some really tough times in life, he keeps on going and laughing, and screaming, and plugging away. I love how, at 3 years old he knew it was time to be a sunbeam even though he still had to stay in the nursery for one more year. I love how he sang in primary better then any kid I know. I love how he loves being a servant of Heavenly Father. How he kept on going, even when the going got tough and finished that mission. I love how he loves the children with special needs, and how tender he is with all of them, even from an early age. I love how he sees a service that needs rendering and without hesitation he is there to do it. I love how he listens to his dad especially when he does not want to listen but knows that he should. I love how he tenderly picked out his sweetheart and prayed for the answer that she was the one. How he took her to the Temple and is dedicated to try and be the best he can to her. I love how he is a father himself. How he looks at that baby girl and adores her every breath. I love how he is a big brother to all of his siblings. How he loves and supports each one of them, in all their endevors. I especially love his zeal for things he loves. I love how he knows the scriptures, and how he teaches from them so well. I envy that ability. I love how he know's his elder brother, our Savior. How he wants to work hard at being like Him. I love how he honors his priesthood and is always ready to perform whatever duty he is asked. I love how he teaches, how he listens (especially when he does not want to) but like all boys, even when you think he is not listening he really is! I love his spirit, it is a giant spirit, filled with so much that is just oooozzzzziiiinnnngggg to come out. I love how he is a friend, to everyone who needs one, and especially to those who think they don't need one, but do. I love that not matter where or when, or who is looking, he will still hug me and give me a great big Christopher kiss, which are the best!!!!
Just in case you were wondering Christopher, I love you dearly. I am so glad you were my first little one. To hug and kiss to my hearts content. To make you laugh out loud constantly. To sing with, to dance with, to fight with, to cry with, and in the end to hug each other knowing deep down inside how we felt about each other. I hope that today you will be happy, and laugh a ton. That you will have a wonderful day, even though it is full of work and responsibility. I want you to know how proud I am of you, for all you are and for all you will become. Thanks for coming down first, for giving me the opportunity to be your mom, what a blessing that has been in my life. You are Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, and don't you ever let anyone tell you any different! I love you son, Happy 25th birthday!!! Half a Century Old Boy!!! Don't forget to smile that wonderful smile of yours! I love it too. Your'e AMAZING!!!!









5 comments:

Katie Fritzsche said...

that is so sweet... you're such an awesome mom.

I've been texting you but I guess you don't have text.
call my cell will ya?
or my room
480-342-0758

love ya
Katie

Kristina Rich said...

you are definitely in need of a comment here. Phrasing it a quarter of a century old makes him sound really old. Wow, I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the fabric by the way!! It worked perfectly. I made 8 big sacks and I still have a ton left. How much of that stuff did you buy anyway?!?!?!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

HEY MAMA!! Sorry I haven't visited your blog in a while. I've just updated mine and then I continue on with me day! But you have such an awesome blog!! You are soooo good! And seriously that title really really makes him sound old! And I'll be there next year! WEIRD! I love you so much! Thank you so much for all you do for me! You are my lifesavor! I'm so glad I get you as my other mama!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel said you wrote the greatest/sweetest things about Christopher ever. So I decided to take a peak. She was right. What a wonderful tribute. I hope he printed it off and reads it often. PS As our new son we think he's pretty special too.
Hugs.

Amy said...

Wendi,
I saw your link from Jacque's Blog. How are you? So fun to read how much you love your kids. That's easy to tell when you are with them too. I love the homemade gift ideas.
We miss you guys!
Love, Amy