Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Sometimes life gives you Lemons
Well I wish that I had better news, but I don't. We lost tonight in our fight for the State Championship. It was not the outcome that we had hoped for but aside of all of that I would like to pay tribute to my children. They are beyond amazing. I am so proud of all of them. Chris and Rachel and Anna are all enjoying this week at the beach together, making wonderful memories. Jacque and Curt so far away in Logan working hard to get through life and school, and even though neither one of them could be at the game tonight I am grateful for their support on Cody and Jordan's behalf. And our Stephanie, always on the sidelines cheering for the coach and for Jordan. Thanks heavens for texting!!! Never thought I would say that, but I am so thankful for it tonight. I could let my kids know immediately how we were doing. So the first game was so exciting and we came off with a big win!!! Second game was the same, we came out with the big win!!! 2 out of the 3 we needed for success tonight, but it was not to be. We lost the 3rd, 4th, and 5th game, and man I have to say, that was not fun at all to say the least. Jordan wanted this so bad. Cody wanted it bad as well and at the end of the night I was the mom with 2 broken hearts in 2 wonderful boys and I can't fix them. That is the joy of life, we get to have our ups and our downs and then we get to pick up the pieces and be grateful for the memories from those ups and downs. When I look back on the last 4 years of Jordan's time on the team, with Cody as his coach, it is all good. Lots of fun, and good playing, with a whole bunch of growing experiences. Their bond is amazing and for that I am grateful. Even though the other 2 children were no where near that gym tonight, I felt them hurting for their brother's as well. That part I love about family. They stick together through all of it. I really wanted this for these kids, but you know what, one day they will look back and I hope, I really hope that they can see the good that took place. It has been about 10 years that our family has been playing volleyball for Red Mountain High School. We have had our share of victories and defeats, so kuddo's to the Red Mountain Volleyball family. It has been a wonderful decade, it's hard to have it end, but that's okay. We will go away from this season of our lives and have tons of good laughs, sore throats from yelling for the team, wet kleenex from crying over losses and a whole heck of a lot of proud, proud moments of our kids on that court. So thanks Christopher for starting this family off in volleyball. Thanks Cody for years of exciting plays. Thanks Jacque for keeping up with the boys. And thanks Jordan boy, for making everyone of all the siblings before you extra proud to call you brother. Have I mentioned that I love my kids, they are beyond amazing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
SO beings that we can't find you on facebook!!! i guess Cindi Allen is coming into town and wants to get together with all of us for lunch!!!! i think they said it would either be sat the 23 or tuesday the 26 pretty much everyone said the 26th i will let you know when and where if you would like!!! should and could be fun..
Your kids are beyond amazing. I am so bummed that I missed his game, but it was Enrichment. Give the Jordan boy a big hug and kiss from momma Marilyn and tell him I too and proud of him!
thanks for being a much better writer of details about the game. I just couldn't get it to come out of me. So I just said what Cody wanted me to say. You are such an awesome mother! I hope you know that. Such a great support through your children's whole lives. You have raised a great family! Thank you for letting me in! I love you!
Oh and P.S. ... those are amazing pictures!!!
Post a Comment