Monday, December 7, 2009
Latest Update on Nana...
Sorry no pictures, but loads of info. Every Monday morning at 11:00 the Hospice nurse and I meet at the house to check how mom is doing. For the past couple of weeks she has kindof just stayed the same weight. When I arrived the CNA had already been there to get her bathed and ready for the day. But her hair was not wet...She was way tooooooo worn out from her huge adventure to see the Christmas Lights last night. Man who knew that just driving around in a car would poop you out that badly. Well evidently it does when you are so weak. I really felt badly at first, but when I talked to Herb later we decided we were really glad that we had done that for her. It will probably be her last adventure out and she really really appreciated the beauty of the lights. So not gonna feel bad, just really happy for that wonderful memory. The nurse and I got her to the scale where she weighed in at a whopping 104.2 That's right she lost 4 pounds in just one week. (I think I am gaining for her!) This is not good. Both the nurse and I tried really hard not to look astonished, but we were. That is a ton of weight to loose in one week. She really does think that there is a mean cancer that the scan did not pick up. Maybe in her bones or somewhere, but it is really working fast. She really does not want to even read anymore which is another sign of the end coming. So we are now really praying for her to be blessed with no pain, and to be able to not suffer at all. We are praying that she can be here as long as she needs to be, but really hope for her sake it does not take too long. She is ready, you can tell. Am I? Well I thought that I was, but of course when it gets right down to it, NOT! I know she will be so happy to see her Dad again. He has been gone for so long, and her Mom as well, and her Sister, and you know all of those other wonderful family members and friends. It will be a great reuion. So thank you for your prayers we feel them and appreciate them. We certainly feel blessed for having mom in our lives and our prayers now are for her just to be as comfortable as she can be and especially for DAD. He is having a tough time. Sometimes very very sad, and other very very mad. It is him that we really do worry about. But we are all going to just love him as much as he will let us and hope that he will feel that comfort. We'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wendi, I had no idea your mother had gotten so ill, Amy never tells us anything, thank goodness for your blog. I just love your mom and dad they are good folks...you know what I mean? People who are just nice and fun to be around, even in old age...ha ha I hope my kids can say that about me!! Please keep us posted, this makes me really sad but happy that you are able to spend time with her. Love Monya
Wendi I think that you are doing an amazing job taking care of Nana and I am really glad that you got to take her on an outing. The not reading is a concern- that is her passion.
Keep us updated and love you!
Post a Comment