Friday, June 25, 2010

A Fun Visit....

My Aunt Bonnie came to visit this past week. We had a wonderful time. Really just hanging out most of the time which was filled with old stories and tons of laughter. With her she brought some great pictures from the past. So much fun to look at and get to see my mom and her as little ones and teenagers and my ancestors. I love old pictures. So I picked a few to share. I love these.
Left: Aunt Bonnie, My Grandma Brown, My Grandpa Brown, and my Mom
I love how they use to hand color these pictures and all of them are so great.
On the left is my mom and aunt bonnie when they were little, isn't my moms smile so amazing. She still has that wonderful smile. Then on the right is them again on Easter Sunday as young adults. My grandma made their suits. My moms was all velvet and my aunts had a velvet collar and velvet cuffs. My grandmother was an amazing seemstress. I loved spending hours at her home (which was next door) sewing and sewing with her. I only wish I had a pinch of her talent. But at least I got my love for sewing and get to keep working on the talent part.
These are some of our pictures with Aunt Bonnies children. See if you can pick me out!!!!
What adorable kids.
I have such wonderful memories with my Flynn cousins. We had a great time growing up. Memories that will last a lifetime.
Thanks Aunt Bonnie for the visit and for sharing these wonderful pictures.




4 comments:

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Those are AWESOME pictures!! I could totally tell they were Aunt Bonnie and Grandma! And That's the first picture I've seen of Grandma and Grandpa Brown! She was a beautiful lady! And YES! I can also pick you out no problem! I haven't seen a picture like that with all you kids! I love the winged glasses! Very stylish! ;o) Thanks again for babysitting! Love you tons!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Oh and I'm guessing that's you picking flowers too.. I blew the picture up... so now I can tell! And also.. Grandma has had the same haircut even from CHILDHOOD! I thought it was just from adulthood! bahahaha... That lady is just steadfast and immoveable!

Sunderhaus Family said...

That looks like you had an awesome time, and I love the pictures. Those are some classy looking people. Anna LOVES the pictures.

So glad that it was a fun visit. We miss you all

Unknown said...

You didn't even need to point out which little girl was your mom I got it from the big smile, it looks exactly like her.
Of coarse we can all tell which one is Wendi .....