Thursday, June 24, 2010

Girls Camp.....What Was I Thinking!!!

In the begining of June Herb and I and 6 of our favorite people headed up to Camp Lo-Mia to cook for the girls in our stake at girls camp. We met in the morning and loaded the trucks and trailers and headed up north. The pallets were all wrapped in celephane (I know that is not spelled right oh well) and we thought wow that is great. Soon we noticed that the celephane was really flapping in the wind. So we pulled over and put some duck tape on it to hold it into place. Right around Mt. Ord Herb decided that we needed to go 4 wheel driving and at 45 mph we pulled off on the only 10 foot exit off that winding road. It was quite the adventure and all happened so fast. (He's good) He had looked out the rearview mirror and could see that we were loosing our load aka the girls food........thank heaven for that little detour. So here we are reloading all of the food (a bit smashed but still with us) He was so amazing (as usual) Here are all of the fun people I got to play with all week (well work with but we had a blast)
Diana Huish (she was our marker queen), Marcy Turley (the head honcho), Marcy Burr (the life of the party), Kiley Foster (our sweet little helper), and me. Don't we look adorable!!!!

Eric Huish (Mr. Grill man), Richard Turley (Head Honcho always with a smile), Dirk Burr (always hiding from the camera), and Herbie (the quiet helper)

We worked night and day, day and night, chopping, and peeling, and washing dishes and doing the laundry at night so we could start all over early each morning. It was so much fun. We were exhausted and yet somehow had a blast. Really the kitchen is the very best place at camp to be. You work work work, and laugh laugh laugh, and sweat sweat sweat and eat eat eat, and make the best memories ever. The food was amazing and I even tried all kinds of new stuff. Thanks friends for inviting us to be your helpers. Please only invite Herb from now on!!! It really was a fun week, but I am so not a camp person. Oh well, these are great people. It could not have gone better. Thanks for a wonderful week.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Aprons. Seriously, why did Herb go off road when he knew there was food on the truck? How old is he??? ha ha that must of been really fun.
I think the job in the kitchen at girls camp is by far the hardest job at camp .... you need a vacation now

Unknown said...

OH and by the way it's about time you posted something, I've been waiting

James and Izzy said...

Did you make those aprons? If so, I've been looking for an adorable pattern... and that is definitely adorable! I feel like I can conquer girls camp food knowing you have gone before me. I LOVE YOU!!!

Kassi said...

I completely love those aprons! And you did girls camp because you love it and rock at it!