Yesterday I spent a wonder 15 hours plus with these amazing women, L-R Kathy Knight, Linda Bang, Dianne Burden, Me, Janet Williams, and Betty Brown. We hopped on plane to Ontario, CA at 7:30 a.m. and went to a wonderful quilt show there. I have never been to a quilt show before and I have to say it was quite the experience. One you have to save up for, that's for sure, but so worth every single second. The day began with introductions because a couple of these women I only knew their names. When our ward boundaries changed I got the pleasure of meeting these amazing women. It has been nothing but a treat to share time with them and get to know how great they are. Anyway after we landed we decided we were way early so we thought we would walk to the convention center. It was only a mile and half away so we did. It was quite the adventure. We trucked through freeway traffic, mud, bushes, railroad tracks, stickers like you can't even believe and crazy California drivers that don't care where you are walking at. It was so fun. We chatted and really got to know each other. I felt so lucky, tired cuz I am fat!!! but so lucky to spend time with them. It was a beautiful day and that made the walk even better. Once we got there and got in I was in total awe at the talent of people. The quilts were beyond believable. The handwork and thought process and technique were like nothing I had ever seen. I love to quilt, but I am simply a patchwork girl. The easier and faster it can go together the happier I am. These quilts must have taken, well I can't even estimate. We were not allowed to take pictures, so my wonderful old memory is going to have to do it for the pictures. Then there were booths. Never ending booths, of fabric, machines, gidget gadgets of all kinds, amazing patterns, thread in every color and then some. It was simply mind boggling. I had landed in heaven!!! We split up and went wherever we wanted to go and met up for lunch and shared our goodies that we had found so far, then we went back in for more. This show lasts for 3 days and I am telling you there would still be things I had not seen at the end of 3 days. I am actually glad (as I am sure that Herbs wallet is as well) that I only went for a day. Not only would we be broke beyond broke, but you might never have seen me again. I might have died in there of happiness and we simply cannot have that now can we!!!We called a Taxi at the end of the day and headed back to the airport. This time with backpacks full of beauty and wonderment waiting to be created. We laughed and shared and enjoyed the journey more then I could have imagined. So thanks for inviting me girls, and thank you Herb for letting me go and have the time of my life. It was a journey I won't soon forget......and that's a good thing.
Amazing creations coming soon!!!!

4 comments:
Yay!! So fun mom! What a great adventure! You deserve to get out and be in your own little heaven temporarily. Love you!
So so jealous, what a fun show to go to!
Sounds like it was a blast! So glad you enjoyed yourself & made it home safe(: You'll be making some pretty cute things with all that adorable fabric! Wish I had some of that talent! Love you
So fun! I am jealous and glad you have such a great time!
Post a Comment