This year I have decided to make each of my children a quilt with all of the scraps that I have in my stash. I could probably make a million scrap quilts really with this hoarded stash of fabric that I own. So I began the process and finished Christophers (whose birthday is 1/5). I finished by the end of January, but it took forever to get it bound and ready for him to take home.
Here he is with his crazy colorful quilt. I love it, it is happy and he is a crazy happy kid and so I think that it fits. I also bought a new machine that embroideries and this skull pirate guy is perfect for my Christopher. So it is the tag on the back of the quilt where I signed it Love Mom 2011.
This is a picture of the front of the quilt. I made just a simple brick quilt. I read if you just cut the pieces and throw them into a bag and toss the fabric then you simply pick out a piece and sew. It is crazy for those of us who care, but I really ended up liking the randomness of it and it would not be done if I had to decide for myself. So it doesn't matter whether there are two pieces right together that are the same, it happened a lot and that is okay. I think it turned out great.
This is the back of the quilt. I love piecing my backs with all of the leftover fabric, I think it looks great. So I am happy with how it turned out and even though all of their quilts will be late for sure at the end of the year they will all own a quilt that I made from scratch and quilted myself (not well) by machine quilted them, who knows I may have mastered that talent a little better by the end of the year as well.
Happy birthday Late as is was my son. I love you.
Man those babies grow up way too fast.
3 comments:
Looks great Mom! If only I had your talent(: Love you, hope you're feeling better!
ok 1st off it's about time you posted something, I've been waiting..... don't make me wait.
2nd off I love my Elder Williams Apron, you are so talented, I love the quilt idea what a great thing you can leave for your children, something made by you. I love love love it
How did I not see this post?
I LOVE this quilt and Chris is very protective of it.
Post a Comment