Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Herb, and what the heck is that!!!!

 Every Christmas for the past I think 6ish years we have chosen names and made a homemade gift for that person. Last Christmas I had Cody. This was his request. I knew I would not get it done before Christmas but since it was a costume for Halloween I had the whole year to finish it. NEVER DO THAT!!! It took me the whole year, I should have pushed and got it to him for Christmas Sorry Cody.
But I do have to say that it was a journey of CRAZINESS!!! But I sure enjoyed being one on one with my Cody Boy. We had a blast figuring out how to make this happen. I love that my kids think I can do anything, well this one definately pushed the envelope, but I (well we) DID IT!!!
Keep Scrolling the pictures did not go in the order that I wanted and you will find out the finished project!!!! It is awesome......
 Here is our cute little Lion Boy. Calin is the sweetest little guy. He loved this costume and just had to have it, so his mama was a sweet mama and got it for him. I think he kept it on night and day for quite a while until the real Halloween night came. He can ROAR like nobody's business. So darling.

 Here is miss Lexee, she is pebbles and she was hillarious. This child seems to not be afraid of anything. She is a climber and a runner, and beyond funny. She says the darndest things. We just get a good laugh with Lexee poo around. Stephanie conquered this costume, so cute.
 Here are all three of our wonderful grandbabies. Anna is Violet from the Incredibles. She was totally determined to be this and once again, her sweet mama was so good and made her darling costume. Anna was so happy especially when she got to the party and they got to paint a mask on her.
 It is Herb's birthday on Halloween, I always feel so sad that he never gets to celebrate, he is always so good to trick or treat, and I think he finds it even better with grandkids, although he was the best dad to go trick or treating with his own kids every year instead of worrying about his birthday. He is the best dad and the bestest Papa for sure. We love you Herb. NOW KEEP SCROLLING......

















Here he is
The Lagitimate Sock Monkey!!!
 He cracked us up. I was so happy the costume turned out, and I think that he was thrilled as well. Merry Christmas late Cody, glad you had fun. And by the way he was the life of the party.
 Hear No Evil
See No Evil

Speak No Evil

 Here is our spider woman/vampire lady/crazy red hair lady, she is so great with her makeup, we always look forward to what our Stephanie will come up with for her costume. She did great!!!
A sock monkey and an orangatang!!!! (I know that is not how you spell it!!!) Poor Christopher was so sick, but he was a trooper and came to be supportive and let his kids have a great time, and say happy birthday to his dad. Hope you are feeling better son. He was an awesome pirate for another party, pictures of that on their post under SUNDERHAUS

Cody was so funny, he would wipe his tail on peoples faces, cuz they had no clue who he was, until they figured it out. I love his bum, it turned out really fun. Crazy Kid
Here is our miss anna after she got her mask painted on, thanks young women, it made her day. She was an adorable Violet.
Every year at our ward party we usually have this hurse (again with the spelling). Cody hopped right inside and thanks to Rachel for being our photographer that night, she caught him in the act!!!


My favorite position to see Christopher and Calin. He loves hanging out on his daddy's shoulder.

I had so much fun making the kiddo's trick or treat bags, this one is Calins, the girls had orange ribbon. They worked great and hopefully they can use them each year.

It was a really fun night. The ward threw a great party for Herb's birthday and the whole neighborhood came!!! The kids had a blast, and thank you again Rachel for catching so many memories.
Hope you all had a wonderful night as well.

5 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

This was so much fun and I thnk the kids wil use those bags every year. The size will keep the candy stash reasonable!!!

Happy birthday Herb!

Unknown said...

I just got your message on my blog--blakes itinerary changed on a weekly basis up until the day before he came home--so good luck on that one--he had new people in the office though, so I'm sure it will go smoother for your missionary--so excited for you

curtis and jacque dana said...

Didn't realize I forgot to comment! I am so impressed with the sock monkey costume, but not surprised one bit that you'd be the one to make it make it look awesome! Love you so much, can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Kassi said...

I'm so sad I had to work and missed all this fun at the ward party!

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh the sock monkey turned out so great!! I am so bad as I haven't blogged or even looked at blogs in forever. Love the pictures.