Saturday, February 11, 2012

I love how this turned out......

My husband teaches primary and loves it. This year he gets to teach the CTR 7 class which are the children who are going to be baptized this year. I wanted to be able for him to give them something to remember this wonderful day by and this is what I came up with. I am sure that there are a billion of these floating around pinterest, but I haven't seen them. I need to go on that site more I guess.  But anyway I was really excited how they turned out. I hope that they all turn out this cute.

It was pretty simple, but it is time consuming so if you are wanting to make some for your kiddo's just know that it is about a 2 hour project from start to finish. Maybe the more I do the faster it will be . I decided just sewing a straight stitch around the CTR Shield would be softer on the children when they are sleeping then the satin stitch.






I had a little strip of fabric left of the checks and so I decided  there can never be tooooooooo much cuteness so I made this little rose. It is safety pinned on so that you can take it off when you wash the pillow case.


I hope the kids love them and that it will help to remind them to choose the right every day.

3 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

AH!!!!!!!!!!! it is SO CUTE!!!

James and Izzy said...

SO cute!

Amy said...

It's been a long time since I've checked blogs, but glad I did because I saw Jordan with his love. Tell him Congrats & Welcome Home for us!
Love the pillowcase, you are such a talent and I miss you!!