I love this picture of our Anna. She was probably about 5 - 6 months old. We were at my dad's in his office and she just loved looking through this magnifying glass. He just caught her at the right moment and I just love her little expression.
It seems from the begining of her little life here, she has always seen the world in a very big way. Who knows......But she has been amazing to watch grow up.
Here she is with her little brother in Florida where they now live. I think this is in their back yard area. And as you can see they have a lot of fun playing together especially when it involves dirt!!!
Anna is always wanting to be a big helper in the kitchen. And is really good about waiting, and doing what you ask her to do. The picture on the left is in Florida, looks like she is making something yummy. The picture on the right is her with her cousin Lexee (who misses playing with Anna for sure). We had had Sunday dinner and I decided it would be fun to bake cookies with the girls. Oh my word did we have a blast. And these cousins really enjoy each other.
Next Friday, June 1st is Anna's 4th birthday. So this week I have had the sewing machine out and have been creating my head offfffffff!!!!
I will never forget Rachel telling me that when Anna came out of her Sunbeam class on the very first Sunday of Sunbeams and Rachel said "well how was Sunbeams" and Anna responded
"I have the power to choose" (or something to that affect)
In Primary this year the theme if Choose the Right and the song they learned for the year says
"I came to earth with power to choose"
and so our little Anna B got it. Right off the bat. So I decided to make her a
CTR cape. She is amazing in primary, or really anywhere. Here memory is spot on and she had all 3 verses of that song down flat in no time. We are so proud that she loves Sunbeams
And Anna you are right you do have the power to choose
Papa and Nammie know you will choose the right (especially with your new cape)!!!
I love little organizational things so we sewed a crayon roll for Anna to have for whenever she is wanting to be creative.
We only hope that she remembers to choose the right and NOT color on the walls or the furniture!!!
Then I got this really crazy idea that I would make her a backpack for her preschool that she might be going to soon. What was I thinking. I had no pattern just shear determination to make a fun backpack for her to have for school. (I do not recommend this when you have walking pneumonia, it was hard work, but..............I DID IT!!!)
I'm not usually so braggy about my work, but man I think this thing is adorable. Not sure if I will ever try it again, mainly because I was so busy coughing and blowing my nose that I forgot to make a pattern and instructions along the way (ahahhhhhhhhhh). But maybe I can figure it out again.
All in all I think it is adorable and I really hope that she likes it. I know it is small, but oh well.....
Can't wait to see pictures of her face opening it up.
loves to cook I thought that I would make her a little apron all her own. I hope it fits too.....it is so hard when she is not here to measure, but anyway I am crazy to think that I can remember how big she is, so we are hoping it fits. I made it reversable. Have fun cooking Anna.....
We sent a big package to her today and are hoping that it gets there in time for her big day on Friday.....oh yeah and that her mom doesn't let her peek at this blog.
I was too excited to get it all done!!!
Happy Birthday Anna B I miss you every day, but I know that you are learning and growing with your little family in Florida and I am saving all my pennies so that I can come and see you soon.
We love love love you sweet girl. Have a wonderful week.
(PS Happy Anniversary to her parents....6 years down......eternity to go!!!)
Hope you enjoyed my sewing mania, I know I did.......
3 comments:
Ah! I LOVE this!!! Anna is going to wig out when she sees this! I am not going to show her online because any pictures/videos we take are going to be absolutely priceless!!!!
I love the cape because she and her brother were wearing them the other day (makeshift capes out of hand towels with bandanas on their heads)and running around the house. I even took pictures. She is going to love it love it love it love it.
I LOVE the Crayon roll. What a cute idea! That would be great if you ever decided to do a Christmas ornament for a family with kids!
The apron is going to make her daddy's little buddy (even more) because they love to cook together. She always feels so grown up with an apron.
And don't even get me started on the backpack! I LOVE IT! The colors turned out wonderfully and as soon as I know if I can enroll her in preschool we will pack that little thing up with all of her supplies. I will probably cry.
THANK YOU! We have so little, what with starting over in Florida, that this is going to make her birthday the best ever and we are very, really grateful. Thanks so much for benig willing to do all of that even though you are so super sick. PLEASE remember how to make those little backpacks for the good of all people out there (especially Pinterest-ers!! You should post it!)
All together, super super cute and a classic success. Pictures and videos to come!!!!
R
p.S> Chris will love the cape, I think!
Wendi, you are amazing! I love all of your creations, but ESPECIALLY that backpack! It is just cuter than words can say! If you decide to get adventurous and try one again, I would totally pay you to make some for my girls!
What adorable gifts! The backpack is AMAZING! I don't even have a use for one, and I want one! Great work!
Post a Comment