Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday Jordan











I love this kid. I know that I already posted this morning the Christmas pictures, but today is such a great day. Well kindof sad in a way, but so wonderful to remind me that 18 years ago today my life changed. Who knew that the little guy who was born, not breathing would end up changing our world. Just look at him. If I was at all talented I would know how to scan the young pictures of him in and you could see how much our lives are better for having him in it. Okay okay, he is my baby, and everyone is right I spoil him rotten. He is also the greatest end to the adventure of being a mom I could have ever prayed for. I love all my children. I really have been blessed, but this one is the best baby boy in every way you could think of. So today I just want the world (aka the 2-3 people who read this blog) to know how much I love Jordan. And I want to wish him the happiest birthday ever. I want to thank him for all of the laughs, that have added years to my life for sure. For his goodness, and for his humor. For his sneaky sneaky tricks that he pulls. For the way he holds his niece and for that matter any child. For the kind friend that he is and for the service he renders especially when no one is looking. For the way he loves his Grandparents. For the way he treats all those he meets. For his example of holding the Priesthood, especially in a ward where there are so few. For the way he fixes my hurts, when I should be fixing his. For his smile, his laugh, for his love of his brothers and sister, for the way he admires his dad and tries in every way to be like him. For his testimony, and his willingness to do what he is asked to do. For his crazy friends, whom we love in our home, for their families who have him in their homes constantly. For his obediance and even for the ever so few times he is disobediant!!!! I especially want to thank him for being like the Savior, and for loving the Savior, and for wanting to serve the Savior. He is an example to me every day. I know my Heavenly Father loves me dearly, because He gave me Jordan. And for that I will always and always, and always, be grateful. So today I remember back to that day in the hospital, when for the first few moments of his life I was praying so hard that he would take his first breath, to this very moment on his big 18th birthday, how fast life really does go by and how we don't realize the blessings we have in each other. You are my blessing Jordan. My sweet grown up little baby boy. Thanks for all of the years of joy, and laughter, and for even the days you dared to give us any grief. Thanks for all of those days, and I know that as this year goes by, we will make even more great memories with you. You are soooooooo great. I love your gutts and all of the rest of you too. Be happy son, enjoy you life, you have made ours so much better for knowing you.

6 comments:

Turleygirl said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!!!

Sunderhaus Family said...

He is a great brother to have. It is a nicely written, sweet tribute, Wendi.

Tony and Janna Long said...

Holy cow it took me a week to read your blog but I loved it!
Tony

elizabeth lawlor said...

i started crying when i read this wendi!! man i love your family. constant examples on how to be more like the savior. you have raised such beautiful childern. i hope to half of the mother you have been!!
it was wonderful to spend new years with yoU!!

Katie Fritzsche said...

he really is a great kid... I remember his little 11 year old self with his slicked back hair... how proud you must be of all your children Wendi - you are an inspiration as a mother, amoung other things.
xoxo

Sunderhaus Family said...

love the new background Wendi