
We have for sure had about 10 days of excitement and suprise and good times for sure. We had a tournament for Jordan on Friday and Saturday in the begining of March. We played awesome on Friday and then Saturday morning we slept through our games and only made it into the silver division. But the remainder of the day we played well and we took 1st in the silver. It hopefully woke us up for the rest of the season. We are very proud of Jordan who received a medal for all tournament team. So that was really great. Congrats Jordan. Then we started a big week in volleyball begining with Tuesday nights game at Brophy. We went all five games and in the end we lost, but that would not have been so bad if the ref wasn't so ridiculous. I hate it when the ref's don't call the games right. Oh well, we played good and hard and that's what counts right!!! It still is so much more fun to win, but oh well, the next night we played Jordan's club team (Highland High School) and again we went all five games, but this time we were the winners. It was wonderful. Jordan played so great and it was so exciting to come out on top. Then after the game Jordan went to his Eagle Scout Board of Review and he passed. We have an Eagle Scout!!! We are so proud of him. Tuesday night after the game I called Jacque to make sure she got home from Yellowstone safely and then I talked her into coming home for the rest of her spring break. They did it. They packed in a laundry basket and drove all night long. They were here in time for the big game against Highland and suprised all of our family. It was so much fun. I miss them so much every day so it was so great to have them. We didn't do anything monumental, just enjoyed each day we had with each other. I love that girl, and that sweet husband of hers for bringing her home to me.
As for Nana, she had a great week, in fact we have no clue what is going on. She is up and about. She came to our house twice this week for dinner. She is laughing and happy and really alert. I think she enjoyed having Jacque home as well. They shared stories of teaching and how Papa asked her to marry him and some really fun stories about her life. We are now giving her breathing treatments every 4 hours just during the day. At night she is still on oxygen, no treatments. So days are busy for sure but we are having a great time making puzzles and dancing, and laughing and really enjoying the time. So that is great. No bed soars anymore (good job) and she seems to be really in great spirits. So we are doing great there. On Thursday is was our 27th anniversary and Herb's sister Cina's birthday. We had a really busy day so on Friday we had a big family BBQ and just enjoyed the evening playing games and laughing a ton. Then on Saturday we went and helped put in the yard for our friends house. It was a blast! So many people and it was amazing how fast the yard came together. Curt and Jacque left on Sunday morning and made it home in 12 hours. We miss them already, and are so happy they got to come and visit. Life is good at our house. We have wonderful kids who we really enjoyed seeing a ton this week. I love my family for sure and am grateful for each new day. Life is good, enjoy every second of it. Oh yeah and by the way, happy st. patricks day!!!!
3 comments:
Congrats Jordan!! That's awesome!
I'm ticked that I missed Jacque, but hopefully I will see her and Curt soon. Glad things are going well and that Nana is doing so much better. We really need to get together rather than reading about each other on our blogs!
That was such a great week! I am looking forward to being back home again soon. We are so grateful we were able to make such good memories with nana and papa! Thanks for sending us down...You are incredible mom. I love you
Post a Comment