Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Here's to a new week

Sorry for blogging twice in one day, but the weekend was busy so I am just updating the journaling effort. So today I went over about 8:30ish and cleaned mom up and gave her her medicine for the morning. She was in pretty good spirits when I got there and the first thing she said was "Man those kids are funny!!!" So last nights visit was a success.
(Read about in the blog below)
That made me feel good, I was really kind of afraid that we had worn her completely out, but she really did enjoy herself. I spent the morning with dad finishing up the puzzle that we started on Sunday and we had a really good visit. I use to hate making puzzles but it really is soothing and that is wonderful in all of this not so soothing experience. He really talks a lot while we are doing that. Old stories, how he use to work on airplanes in the war and memories of life. I love it. Stephanie came by cuz we both have not been feeling up to par so we had a doctors appointment to go to ourselves. (Must be a Monday). I just wanted to get these achies fixed and fast. So we got our ammoxicillon and everything else we needed and back to Nana's we went. We stayed for a little bit and visited and then we were off again. I guess while we were at the doctors, the nurse and the blood guy came again. I am hoping for good results of the blood test. Still haven't heard. Maybe Tuesday will bring that news. Herb and I went back this evening and Wes was there for a visit as well. Nana seemed to have a pretty good day today, but she was mad at me tonight because I make her turn from side to side and she really does not like that. We have gotten her bed soar on her bottom pretty healed up and we don't want it to come back at all so we have to turn her but she sometimes really does not like that so tonight was one of those times. That's okay, I will be that bad guy and she can perform for everyone else. You gotta have a bad guy!!! I think that she is really frustrated because Mom has been a very active women her whole life. I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be for her. She wants to do so much but her poor little body just won't let her. So we just keep having to try coming up with new ways to help her pass the time in that darn bed she hates so much. Maybe I will try to see if she will go on a walk in the wheelchair for me. The day's are so pretty, so wish me luck on that one. A Monday that was not spent at the hospital is a very good Monday, so we'll take that.

1 comment:

Kenna said...

Wendi,
I just wanted to tell you that I do know who you are. I remember you not only as Jacque's mother, but from the Stake Young Women's presidency as well. You served me so much as a young women ( and I am sure I am not even aware of half the work you put into your calling) that I am happy to hear that I am able to give you a little help now. Its my repayment.
I hope things go well for you and your mother.

Kenna