Thursday, March 5, 2009

It was a really good day

Nana was really happy yesterday. It has been a few days since she has responded to much with a smile and so I was begining to worry. But she smiled a ton and even let me take her on a walk in the wheelchair in the afternoon. A long walk, about 15 minutes. We did it without crashing and even did a little 4 wheel driving at the end. We laughed a ton and saw so many little birds it was great. I think that she enjoyed it for sure. I have learned though, when she is done, she is done and you will not get any more out of her, and that is okay. So we turned around and went back home. Then last night we had a great talk about her high school and college years. And having her babies and she really remembers so much. I am amazed I can't even remember a few minutes ago and her memory is so sharp. It was a really good day.

Jordan also had a game last night against McClintock. It was great we won in three and played so much better then the night before. So that was wonderful as well. Next weeks line-up is tough so I hope that the Chandler tournament they are in this weekend will help sharpen the team skills and prepare them for next week. I look forward to this weekend I love watching that boy play ball. I think I have probably mentioned that a few times. Here's to a great weekend of fun volleyball and then a peaceful Sunday. Could life get any better then that!!!

5 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

That is so good! We love those kind of days. I am so glad you are enjoying making new memories with Nana & Papa, it's awesome! You are an amazing example. We got Nana's letter and loved it. tell her thank you and we will write again sunday! We sure miss you and all the families...it will definately will be starnge not coming home for break. But we can't wait til the time comes when we get to see you again! We love you.

Turleygirl said...

You are such a good person. Thanks for your awesome example!!!

Kristina Rich said...

Wow Wendi. You are really slammed. Isn't amazing how you grow up and kids move out, just to start all over again. That is like a day I have with my kids, a stroller ride, birds, then they throw fits and we go home. You are awesome and so sweet for taking care of her.
As for the volleyball games, I will totally cheer for RM until they play Highland. Sorry, I don't want to have my house egged or anything. Good Luck!

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

Hey Wendi,
Sorry that it's taken me a while to respond to you. Blogs are so fun - I love being able to see what everyone is up to! As far as Katie's blog goes, she doesn't really do it...she set one up a long time ago, but really hasn't done anything with it. Are you guys going out to Oceanside this May? I don't know if you know this already, but Allison's family is having a reunion there in May, so it would be great to see you if the times match up! Love ya!

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

PS I'm wondering if I'm related to this "Turley Family..." I couldn't tell you exactly who, but I know that someone on my mom's side of the family is a Turley...It would be through either the Whitings or Udalls...