Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Road Kill in oh so many varieties!!!

I had so much fun this past weekend with Marilyn. We flew into Tulsa Oklahoma and then drove down to Ft. Smith, Arkansas. We slept, ate, shopped, drove around, took tons of pictures, shopped some more, ate some more, and slept some more. It was a great adventure.
I went to Arkansas with Marilyn for her family reunion. Arkansas you say..... why on earth would anyone go there. Well let me tell you, it is always a blast. This is the 3rd time to go, I love it. As you can see Arkansas is beautiful.
The colors (which aren't as great as I had hope, but we could see it!!!) are amazing, so many different colors in one tree. I sure wish that we could have colors like this in Mesa.
Here is the wonderful Pitchford family. I feel like I have been welcomed in just as if I was born to them. I get so excited to see them each time we get to go. Which is about every 2 - 3 years. Marilyn lost her father, her sister, and her mother and at one of these funerals she said "Now who is going to go to my family reunions with me?" And I said "I Will". I had no clue what an adventure I was in for. The bugs, the overalls!!! I loved it from the get go. So thanks Marilyn for taking me with you and letting me become a part of this great family.
Then we went to a little town called Van Buren and walked up and down the most beautiful old main street. Took some fun and crazy pictures and really just enjoyed the beautiful weather. As you can see we are sporting a jacket!!! Yeah for the beautifl weather.
Here we are in front of the museum, but you can't see it!!! It was a really cool looking building.
This is just one of the cool little nitches on main street. Good picture of Marilyn by the way!!!

But I would have to say we had a blast after the reunion when we saw sooooooo much roadkill. We counted 3 cats, 3 skunks and you will never believe what we found next. I screamed out loud, and I can be really loud, and then we flipped a U and went back to get a picture for my dad!!! Here it is. (Warning: if you have a queezy tummy do not look at the picture below!)








Unbelievable. Who would have guessed. You had to be there! We were just dying. Never in my life would I have had this wonderful experience unless my dear friend had invited me to Arkansas. You never know what you might get to experience.

It was a great experience, so thanks again Marilyn. I hada blast. Until next time........





7 comments:

Marilyn said...

I loved having you there! You are truly a Pitchford as everyone has taken you in and thinks of you when the reunion comes around. Who knew that Arkansas would be the funnest place around? Thanks for going with me cause it was a blast!!

elizabeth lawlor said...

HAHAHA oh wendi!:) hilarious! wish i could've seen that!:) BUT. i am so going to be there this weekend. it is the closest ecaspe i got! thanks for wanting me to be there!:) love you!

elizabeth lawlor said...

i wish i could spell...*escape*

Unknown said...

Wendi-
thank you so much for your words of encouragement, it was such a fun surprise. Blake is now in the DR MTC for about 3 more weeks I think then he will be servng in the Santo Domingo Mission. It would of been so fun for them to meet. It is amazing the blessings that have come to him and our family because of his service.
I love Amy so much and I dont get to see her as much as we would like, so tell her I love her next time you see her, she has a soft heart and is a fantastic mother.

Unknown said...

ok I am a retard....I was reading off of Blakes last letter when I said where he is serving...he actually is serving in the
SANTIAGO Mission----sorry

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is, my oldest son served his mission in Arkansas! When is the last time you heard of someone going there on their mission? Only in my family.....he does have some funny stories about going down these long country roads and never being heard from again.....

Jana said...

I lived in Tulsa for 5.5 years before I moved here. I'm jealous you got to go...even if it was just the airport. Lot's of good friends there!