Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh how I love these girls


Well another week has gone by and I am missing Anna like crazy. She is freezing in Flagstaff, but I will get to squeeze her this weekend I hope when Christopher comes down to play rugby in Phoenix somewhere I think!!! Anyway thankfully I get to hug on Lexee and fill my grandma cup that way. I just wanted to write down a few updates with Mom. Today is when the Hospice Nurse comes each week to check on her. She does all kinds of measurements and blood pressures and all that wonderful medical stuff that I am now getting pretty knowledgeable about. Go figure. Anyway last week mom was 110.6 and today she is 108.8. Her arm cirrcumfrance (I am sure not spelled right) went down 1/2 a centameter (also not spelled right) and well needless to say neither one of these things is a good sign. She told me to just keep up the good work and that this is just the way it is. She is such a wonderful lady. I really do love the people at Hospice. She is always reassuring that we are doing everything right and such a good job and all those things that are very nice to hear. But even though I knew that Mom was dying, it just really is crazy to think that it could be before Christmas. She is still so spunky, but is definately shrinking to nothing. So as I left this morning I decided to stay as happy and cheerful as I could and make her days left here on earth the very best that they can be. She is a great lady, who has taught so many children in elementary school and made them better people. She raised 5 children and put up with everything life has to hand her so well. I WILL ENJOY THE JOURNEY, however long it will be and I hope and pray that I can help her to enjoy the journey as well. As for dad, he is really angry right now. And I don't blame him, he is just really hard to be around. I know that he is wondering why she won't eat and why she wants to kill herself, what he doesn't understand is that she is not doing this on purpose, but we can't reason with him right now, well really anytime, so my goal with him is to make him laugh, or smile, or whatever to help him along this journey as well. So keep the prayers coming, I feel them deeply and appreciate them so much. We are going to be fine, thankfully we know that plan and that helps so much. Enduring to the End, that's what we will do and we will do it with our heads held high and praising a good woman for a really good life. We love all of you.....Be happy all the time.

2 comments:

Tony and Janna Long said...

We love you, Wendi! You all are in our prayers!

Lisa said...

Wendi, you have a heart of gold. You share so much love and compassion for everyone one you touch. Our prayers are with all of you guys. Please let us know if we can be of help. We love you guys!!!