Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pretty in PINK

I'm telling you if you want a really good pedicure do NOT go to this place!!! Just kidding. I just need to blog this for posterity!!! I am sure they will appreciate it. Today was the final toenail removal day. Two weeks ago I finally (after 13 years of pain and agony) got the gutts up to go and have my big toe nails removed. Really people, it is not that bad and I so wish that I had done this sooner. It isn't a blast and the healing process is not fun at all, but so much better then those dumb toe nails that hurt all of the time. Anyway I did it. I think I changed the appointment like 3 times before I just finally bit the bullet and went. The have to numb the nerves of your toes with the wonderful shot. That is the worst part, but really not as bad as you would think, just a little pinch. Then they just take them off. They burn the root so that it won't grow back so I guess thank heavens for Lee Press On Nails!!! Actually the nailbed is not bad at all and I think I can just paint it. Anyway I know..... TMI, but normally they will only do one toe at a time and I talked them into 2 last time and so I went back today for the 3rd toe. Then I had them wrap them all so I could get a funny picture. The big toes are healing and in 6-8 weeks I can maybe go get a real live pedicure. We shall see. Anyway, people, don't wait, if you injure your toe nail, or get an ingrown toe nail, go get it taken care of. It is so worth it, don't wait, go now and in just a few short weeks, you will feel so much better. And you too can look PRETTY IN PINK!!! I know I do!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom had one of her big toe nails removed too... she was tired of the hassle and pain caused by in growns! I get them on occasion and will probably have them removed some day too! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

What A loser I am!! With the kids yesterday my mind went to mush... I didn't even remember! and even more lame I was asking you to drive over to my house! SOOO wasn't thinking! Sorry! But I am so proud of. Love you tons!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

okay that just looks like it hurts! don't know if i can do that!ouch!!

curtis and jacque dana said...

You are so brave Mom! I love the pink too, it is perfect! Thanks for the help with dinner tonight, it was yummy(: We love you and will see you in less than a week!

Sunderhaus Family said...

LOL LOL
Pretty in pink as it pertains to TOES!
that makes me laauuuuuuuuuggggghhh

Hey so I am figuring out this software on how to make your blog into a book through this company. HELLO easy journal :)

Anyhow, I will share my wisdom once I get it ;)

Also, congrats on biting the toe- er...the bullet. I bet you are SO much more comfortable. I vote you find different animal skin bandaids and do another picture. A Zebra, a giraffe, a cheetah....etc etc etc

LOL

Rachel

elizabeth lawlor said...

hahahaha i love it! loooove the pink! fabulous HAPPY thanksgiving wendi! sure am so grateful for you and your example to me!:) love ya!

Marilyn said...

Except for my hand being really red after the shot, you were very brave, just kidding!! Actually, I probably would have screamed out loud, cause it looked like it hurt. By the way, I loooooooooooove the pink!

Turleygirl said...

Ouch! So, will they grow back? or are they just gone for good? I remember that these have hurt you for sooo long. Glad you bit the bullet.