Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good Bye Old Girl!!!

Wow, I remember thinking I had finally arrived when we got this wonderful old car. We had wanted a suburban for so many years and just could not afford it and then when the van just couldn't make it anymore we took the plunge. 10 years later and no more kids at home we sold it today. I know it is crazy but when I think of all the memories in that car it really is kindof sad. It would take all day to think of everywhere we went in it. The mountains, the beach, scout outings, girls camp, Missouri, Utah, California, Little Philmont, and who knows where the kids took it on their adventures!!! (I don't think I want to know) Anyway, I just want to document the day we no longer have the big white suburban in front of our home.
Thanks for the memories old car. It was a great decade of fun.

The one thing we do love is that we get to take it off the insurance and save some money. So that's my positive thinking for the day. Besides everytime I leave the house and come back home I keep thinking "Oh Jordan's home already!!!!"

By the way we got our first letter yesterday, he is doing great. It is so fun to run and check the mailbox. Now I am just living for that first e-mail.



7 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

We did have a TON of great memories in that car! It's kinda sad....but great for you!(: Downsizing is a great thing these days. The god news is now I don't have to hear every time we're down that I left it unlocked and the change thing got stolen, Jordan loved to tease me about that one! Bye Nigel, we'll miss you

Anonymous said...

That is one good thing about having a missionary....taking them off the insurance! I am glad your missionary is doing good. That first letter is such a relief!

Sunderhaus Family said...

Bye bye car! Hey, so did D.H. end up selling it?

Lisa said...

Thanks for the warning!!! I seen a suburban like yours the other day and I waved and honked thinking it was Jordan(he had already left. I am sure the person driving it thought I lost my mind. Oh the memories a vehicle brings.

Anonymous said...

No more gas guzzler or huge insurance costs!

Kassi said...

I can remember a ton of Young Women trips in that car! Like the time you took us for ice cream and then a tour through your old neighborhood!

Tony and Janna Long said...

I am sad that was my favorite car to drive through LA in for the first time with a car full of the fam! Good times!!!