Thursday, February 25, 2010

So Many Things....So Little Time...

Finally we got some pictures of Jordan's experience in the MTC. I was going to start him a blog of his own, but I can hardly keep up on my own so you will just have to skip over the missionary stuff if you don't want to read about him........But you will miss out!!! For some reason his camera takes really good pictures and also really blurry ones. This was the best one of the tag. So cool in spanish. I love it.
Here he is with his companion Elder Winters. They were together for the first 3 weeks but when he got to the DR they gave him a new companion Elder Black. He loved the MTC there in Provo and really made some great friends and wonderful memories.

The ever popular picture of the big map. I love it.

They got to attend the Provo Temple a couple of times and he loves being in the Temple so I know that those days were wonderful. Not that other days were'nt but you know what I mean.

I think this is his district or zone but half the kids went to the DR and the other half are going to Argentina. He said leaving his zone was the hardest thing. They are great guys.

I love this picture. Purple is his favorite color and doesn't he look great in it;0)
Jordan has now been in the DR MTC or CCM as they call it for one week. We got an e-mail today saying that it is so different. Of course, but he is working really hard and can't understand one word of Spanish. The food is so gross and he says that the Lord is loosening his tongue not only to learn the language but to tollerate the food!!! I found that humorous. Rice Beans and Chicken, every meal every day!!! Oh what a long 2 years of the same food!!! Oh well at least they have food to eat!!! He seems really happy there, and says keep praying for him.
Now onto my other adventures that I have been having. On the 9th of February I drove my friend Holly and her family back to Utah. We left at 2:45 a.m. and arrived at 1:45 p.m. in Riverton Utah. It was a wonderful ride, really, well accept for the highway patrol guy who thought I was speeding (NOT) well at least not this time....Anyway I got a big fat ticket and he was a pinch on the creepy side. It was just outside of Jacobs Lake and it had been snowing on us since before Flagstaff. I do tend to speed on my way to Utah, just cuz I want to get there, but you cannot speed in Jacobs Lake and especially in the middle of a snow storm. Oh well, live and learn. Whatever, we laughed a ton about it and it kept us awake for the rest of the drive.
We really did have a great time together so thanks for that Holly.
Her children were great, slept most of the first half and really did not complain at all the entire trip and they never get out to go to the bathroom. Man they were good.
I adore her little family, and this trip I fell madly in love with this one.....


Really....who wouldn't...Here is Zack, is he beautiful or what. So serene and happy, and those eyes just melted me. He is a cuddler and I love cuddling and rocking, so for that week Zack became a really spoiled held and rocked baby. I love that about not being the parent, you get to spoil and give them back. He is such a good baby. Thanks for the hugs Zack. He was brand new when they moved from Mesa and so it was nice to make that connection and get to know his little spirit. I also had a ton of fun with the other kids. Holly and Cullen have really great kids. They keep her hopping for sure, but oh so adorable. I got to walk Loie to her cousins house each day and read books with Lacy. Zane read to me and showed me how to play Mario Party. He is so good at it. We watched movies and shopped and ate and baked and made really big messes. It was a blast. Thanks Holly for the fun adventure.

I got to take their family picture as well. I love taking their family picture. Out of a couple hundred we always get at least one good one!!!! I love this shot, it is outside of where her grandparents live in Sandy, UT. So pretty, aren't they so cute.

This one is inside at her Grandmas by the pretty rock firelace. What a great family. We had a blast. I really do miss them.
Then on Friday of that week Holly drove me up to Layton to meet my Jacque for the weekend.
It was valentines weekend and I butted in on theirs big-time. But they were so sweet about it and faked really well that it was okay. We shopped and ate and ate and shopped and ate some more and shopped some more. To bad neither one of us had any money!!!
Aren't they so darling. Curtis always takes such good care of Jacque so in turn she does a pretty darn good job taking care of him. They just ooooozzzzzeeee with HAPPY!!!
Jacque and Curtis pulled a really fun one on me and for valentines day they bought me this wonderful red coat. Don't you just love it. I love that it was cold enough to wear!!! I have always wanted to have a nice coat, but they are crazy expensive and I can't really justify it for Arizona, But they got it on the clearance rack (I love the clearance rack) and instead of the original 130.00 it was only between 35 & 40.00 Nice find and in the perfect color. I love that red coat, and if I do say so myself I look amazing in it!!!
Thanks Jacque and Curtis, one for the coat of course and most of all for letting me bash your big romantic weekend. I will make it up to you (or at least give it a good try)


It was a wonderful weekend. On Monday Jacque and Curt drove me back down and we shopped somemore and ate some more and then met Holly and the family and did family pictures. The next morning Cullen took me to the airport and I made it on the first flight with a buddy pass. So glad, cuz I was the last one called, and I really did not want to wait more for the next plane.
It all worked out perfect and life is great. Thanks for the memories everyone.



This is a video of the last night at the MTC, I am assuming this is tradition, but I love that you can see Jordan at the end. So enjoy. I know I did.


8 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

OH it's so good to see pictures of him! And he was right, he doesn't have any more curls in his hair): thanks for forwarding the email...he sounds so great! Can't wait to see you soon. love you

curtis and jacque dana said...

By the way, you didn't crash our weekend at all, we loved having you!(: No need to make up for anything

Anonymous said...

Looks like your missionary is doing great! Sorry about the ticket, that is crappy...

James and Izzy said...

He looks GREAT! He has wonderful patents who have prepared him for this special part of his life! I'm sure Shakay and Curt loved having you! LOVE YOU TO PIECES!

Heidi said...

I had to tell nate about the food...he laughed. we were just having a conversation on the way home from the temple about how much I like beans and how much our kids like beans (and other food storage foods)... he reminded me that he ate beans every day for 2 year...rice and beans.
Well, i'm off to have some rice and beans for dinner!

Sunderhaus Family said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! He is all shorn! This is a great great post- love the video. Altogether it seems like you have had some amazing adventures lately. That is just too too much fun.
Anna asked if Namie could say prayers with her tonight. It was adorable. Then I found her asleep, holding hands with her baby doll. Think she was feeling a little needy for Namie.

Rachel

Marilyn said...

It's about time you updated your blog! I love, love, love the video of all the missionaries singing.
It's stinky that you got a ticket, but I think that the guys wait for that out of state license plate just so they can get you cause they know you won't fight it. Well I'm off to prepare my lesson. Wish me luck!

Amy said...

Fun to see pics of Elder Sunderhaus in the MTC.
I didn't realize the Jones' had moved, they had 2 kids when we moved away. Crazy how time flies. Now even Jacque's all grown up!!