Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Wonderful Day Trip

Yesterday Herb and I got to go on a wonderful day trip. We drove up to Prescott and check on the old house there and a jobsite. The weather was really nice and it is becoming our way to spend a few hours just the two of us. No worries. We also thought we would take the back road to Flagstaff so that Herb could meet his new grandson.
That backroad was really a nice drive and he was so happy to meet Calin.
Anna sure enjoyed Papa coming too. Christopher and Papa and Anna all went swimming at the pool at their apartment complex. Rachel and Calin and I got to sit in a beautiful breeze and watch. Anna is a little daredevil and thinks that water is the best thing ever.
They threw her back and forth and back and forth and after a couple of times they did not have to count for her she was hardly turned around and she would start counting 1.....2......3.....go. It was really a fun little game.
She was really trying to learn to kick, but we do have to remember that she is only 2 and that concept will come with time. She just had a blast in the pool with her Daddy and her Papa.
Of course I had a wonderful time loving on this adorable little baby boy. He is changing already.
I am always amazed how much they change, especially when we live here and they are there. It is going to happen every time we see him. He is such a happy content little one. I am sure that he has a voice of his own, but he was having a really peaceful day. I think he liked the breeze and the beautiful overcast day as much as we did.
Thanks for the wonderful day trip honey, it was so great.
You can take me on those anytime you want.
Keep smiling everyone!!! :)
Life is wonderful if you choose for it to be.




6 comments:

LaDonna said...

Love those day trips! Thanks for sharing with us. Your grand-babies are adorable!!!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

That's so awesome! It's amazing what you all got fit in a day!

Sunderhaus Family said...

You guys definitely do time management well! It was great to see you and I am very glad that Herb got to meet his grandson. Calin is doing really well- and the diapers are the best ones of the three brands we have tried so far.

Thanks!
R

Amy said...

Congrats on a cute, cute grandson! Loved all the pics of your grandchildren too!

VICKI IN AZ said...

Wendi
I really look forward to these lovely posts! You had the perfect DAY, I want to kiss those cheeks. I love that his name is Calin xoxo Vicki

Marilyn said...

So fun and way cute pictures! It's so nice you get to go away on little day trips. So not like my hubby who loves to golf in this weather!