Happy Birthday Yesterday to my mom. I wanted to post it earlier, but the surprise would have been ruined. I made her this quilt. My mom always is making things for other people. She is my inspiration in sewing and especially sewing for others. It does really make you feel great. Who doesn't love that. I love homemade gifts, just ask my friends and kids. It seems that is all they ever get, but it really does come from the heart. I have never been able to surprise my mom, but this time I did it. A secret kept for a whole month.
I think she really liked it!!! Or at least I hope that she did. I also made the back out of Christmas colors so that it could serve two purposes. It was a lot of work, but so much fun, and the lessons I learned were this. Even though I don't like to follow patterns or instructions (I am so bad that way in everything not just sewing) I found out that this quilt cannot just be figured out on my own. Now probably by somebody really smart, but not me and so the lesson was learned and the quilt turned out beautifully.
I then sent it back up to Logan where I had it quilted and then Jacque mailed it back to me to bind. It was perfect timing and the suprise was well received. My mother and my Grandmother (her mom) are the reason I love sewing so much. They have been teaching and inspiring me with this talent ever since I can remember, so thank you mom for that and for sharing your mom with me as well. I cherish the memories of sewing with you throughout my life and I give all of the credit for my talent to you. You are an amazing woman in so many ways. Thanks for your example and for you life and for loving me.
Cody and Stephanie had their 5th anniversary this week and so we got the privilage to have their little Lexee stay at our house for a night. She was a delight. She was really happy even though she did not feel very good, she climbed everything that she could, and with our house in an uproar while we paint everything, there is a ton to climb on. So needless to say she had a blast.
So did we. She is at that stage of curiosity galore and I love to watch how their minds just seem to figure things out. So much fun.
On my computer in the sewing room is a big picture of Jordan, and she loves to look at pictures of Jordan. She was only 6 months old when he left but somehow they are connected and she really does know who he is. So I watched as she tackled this chair and then sat down to watch her Jordan boy on the screen. So cute.
I love her faces. I think all of our grandkids make the darndest faces and I love when I actually catch them on film. It was a delight to have her, and I hope we get to have her back soon. We are so excited for this next weekend when all of the grandbabies will be here. We like their parents too, but thoses babies.......
Well need I say more.
Thanks for the fun.
4 comments:
That quilt is so dang cute! I love the idea of putting Christmas on the back. You are SO clever! By the way, my two quilts are done and they turned out cute!
Her hair looks so red in these pictures!
And that quilt turned out phenomenally. I am going to make a quilt, I am inspired :)
That quilt is beautiful! And the one you made for Jacque and Curt is as cute as can be. You're a quilting queen!
You are so talented and the quilt looks amazing! Hey, if you are looking for someone here that has a machine that quilts, just let me know. She is not far from me and reasonable!
Post a Comment