Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chipper Nana


Well it is a crazy week, but here is the update. All the kids are down for the Christmas season so it is a hustle and a bustle at our house. Nana is in a rather chipper mood. She loves Christmas time and so she has decided to be hillarious, which is great. She lost 1 1/2 pounds and another 1/2 centemeter in her arm, but somehow that has not stopped her at all. Here is a funny picture take on Sunday evening after dinner we went over to say hi and get her ready for bed. She was in rare form singing songs and laughing and holding Lexee and really seemed to be enjoying the moment. I am so glad that we got this picture. Anyway in asking what the Hospice Nurse thought of all of this, she said that if a person loves a certain time of the year or babies, or certain people, well then they seem to rally and it really makes you wonder what to expect. We are done wondering, mom will do what she will do and we are going to just enjoy these moments as they come. Herb and I are taking our family up to a friends cabin for Christmas. We were going to leave today, but I have been sick and so we are leaving in the morning so Cina is taking over the care day to day until we get back next week. But today we got a call from the Nurse that Mom had answered the door for the Hospice Pharmacy guy. Dad was gone to Walgreens, and she kept telling the guy to come in, but he is not allowed to just do that so she got herself up somehow and got to the door, signed for the meds and then shut the door. The pharmacy guy said he heard a loud thump. She had gone down, so he went back in a helped her to the couch, which was so nice of him because he is not suppose to do that either, but I am so glad that he did. I know that if she was hurt that wouldn't have been a great idea, but she thankfully was not hurt at all. He called the Hospice Nurse who called me and met me there with Herb. We checked out all of her bones and joints and she can move them all, nothing swollen or bruised and nothing hurt her at all. So thank heavens for that little tender mercy. Well I really hope that all of you have a wonderful wonderful Christmas. I am so grateful for the Birth of the Savior and for His life and His love for all of us. I know he loves each one of us and is watching out for every one of our needs. Remember Him...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

are you coming up today? Please stop by and have some pizza and treats. I have this goal to get our room clean JUST FOR YOU GUYS! Well, I need to have it clean for my sanity, but I have been putting it off in favor of cleaning other areas of the house and putting things away.

Marilyn said...

That Nana is a real trooper! Hope you have fun at the cabin and have a Merry Christmas!!

Sherrie said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Love you guys!!! Glad Nana was ok!!! Have a great time at the cabin!!!!!