Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend Warriors

We conquered the weekend. Yeah. It was a crazy one for sure and for the first time I was on my own. No nurses, doctors, aides, nothing, and we did it. It felt pretty good actually.
On Saturday Mom mostly slept. I was a bit worried cuz that was the 3rd day in a row, eventually she woke up early in the evening and so we go to chat a little, but not much. She ate only a little that day, but a little is better then nothing. I have to find the good in all the crazy, so I was happy she ate anything. It was a pretty crazy day for me so I did not stay as long as I usually do, but Dad and I visited a lot in the morning and then Herb went with me at night and we had a great visit. Uncle Wes came and all it took was a new voice I guess cuz somehow he got mom to get out of bed and take a walk outside!!! Go figure. Where has he been this whole time? She walked out to the gate and back. It definately pooped her out but was really good for her to do. Sunday we have all of our kids over for dinner. Nana and Papa are usually there as well but since she has been sick they have not been able to come. So after dinner was over we thought that we would take the party to them. I think she really enjoyed it. She hasn't seen the baby since she first went into the hospital at the begining of April so she was so excited to see her. Anna hated Nana's bed, it scared her cuz it crunches with the air matress on it so she made all kinds of faces, which in turn made Nana laugh. Good job Anna. We took 4 generation pictures, ones of the whole family, and then snapshots of everything else. Christopher convinced Nana to go on a walk and she said okay!!! Wow, we could not get her up fast enough. So off we went, out into the street and through the neighborhood. She loved it. I can't get her to do that on my own. She has learned to tell me no, so peer pressure from the grandkids evidently is the secret. We went around the block and then back. She sat Anna on her lap, which made us a little nervous at the begining, but that Nana held onto that baby for sure. It really was delightful. The boys had a blast playing in the wheelchair to nobodies suprise. It drove Papa crazy to have them playing in it. I know he thinks they are going to break it and he hates that the wheels are dirty. Little did he know we took Nana all around the streets of the neighborhood and they were already dirty. So he will just have to calm down and let those boys be boys!!! He's so funny that way. We teased and laughed and built a new puzzle and visited for about 1 1/2 hours and then she had had enough. You could tell, so we got her back into bed, cleaned up and her last meds given and out she went. Like a light. I think it was a really great weekend. We conquered it on our own. Timed all of the activities for all of us pretty good and accomplished a whole bunch of great memories. You know how I love memories. Here's to a great week. Thanks again for your prayers I am feeling them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are a true saint! What great service you are giving and all the love you have is wonderful. You are such a great example. Love ya