Today was the first day since mom has been home that it was just me and Dad. No Doctors, Nurses, nurses assistants, or anyone, well they did come and draw a new blood test for the cumadin (the count is going down so that is great). Anyway so when I got there this morning dad was working on the puzzle. We started it last night, and so we continued it today. I stayed for quite a while and then I needed to come home and get some things done for our first child of record baptism this year. So we got pretty far and I made him promise not to finish before I got back. He was a good boy (of course)!!!
Mom spent most of the day sleeping again. Only to wake for cereal for breakfast (before I ever got there) and pizza for lunch (just before I left). Otherwise she was either getting changed (which she even sleeps through go figure) or sleeping through the every 2 hour turning her, or just plain sleeping UNTIL Wes came by to visit this evening. It was about 7 p.m. and we had been trying to get her to wake up for a while. He came bursting in, hollerd at her to get out of bed he was taking her on a walk and so she did!!! We were all shocked but thrilled. Glad someone could get her to wake up. Thank's Wes. Anyway after her walk I gave her the medicine for the evening, got her all cleaned up and turned her on the side for the night. We left about 8ish.
So this is mom at the end of the day all ready for sleepy time. It would not suprise me if she was up all night because she has been sleeping for 3 days. So she gave all of you a smile and said to say thank you for your prayers and hopes we all have great day tomorrow. I told her I would only be popping in and out every couple hours tomorrow, she said she understood and looked forward to the quick times we have. She is the greatest. We conquered a day without any help, just us, that's saying something I think anyway. Let's hope that tomorrow goes as smoothly. You are all wonderful and I hope your day is the best it can be, we just need to choose to make it great, I know I will try my hardest. I do love fast Sunday, I love the testimonies born, wish I had gutts, but oh well, I will enjoy the spirit. Until tomorrow, keep making good memories.
2 comments:
Wendi, you are true example of out-pouring love and service to others. I admire all you do and your positive attitude. I love you so much for all the love you give to everyone you touch.
hahhaahah nana is so funny. This comment really doesn't go with that particular post, but the picture made me laugh because she gets so upset sometimes and so happy at other times.
I am glad that you are making this experience such a good one. Both for them and for you. Perspective is everything :)
R
Post a Comment