Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's a sleepy day all the way around

Today was for sure a sleepy day. Of course we can't have a party every day, and so today we slept. The nurses aides came this morning and gave nana a bath and got her all fresh and pretty for me. I was home catching up on some laundry and dishes that have been a pinch neglected so that was good. When I got there at 10:30 nana was fresh and sleeping. I got her meds all together and went over to wake her up. She heard my voice and opened her tired little eyes, took her medicine and we chatted a while. She enjoyed her bath and is warming up to the aides. She says it might take her a while and that she misses me first thing in the morning, and hopes I got a lot done. Then the doctor came. What a darling man. He is a retired oncoglogist who could not stand not helping people. He is probably in his 70's and still wears a suit and tie and carries a black doctor bag. Right out of a Norman Rockwell picture. He was so great, sweet as ever and tender, beyond tender. It was wonderful and he gave her a gift. She does not have to have the oxygen during the day, only at night or when we are taking her on a walk or moving her a lot, so she was very happy with him. After he left and we had fed her I was sitting on the couch while she ate a little something and the non-sleeping wendi started to zone.....about 20 minutes later Cina (the sister) came in the door and we all woke up. Dad had been busy doing the laundry while mom and I napped. It was a power nap for sure but has carried me through the rest of the day. Glad for the nap. I could tell that mom was pretty worn out from the bath, so today we just kept her clean and happy and let her sleep, only waking her to turn her to the other side. Her bed sore thing is so much better, the nurse even came and check so all of the changing of the diapers is paying off. Hurray for that. I feel so much better about it. So I got to go to Jordan's scrimmage and to the Blue and Gold banquet and then back to clean her one last time before bed. She was a very good patient today as usual, and so onward and upward we go. One step at a time, and one nap (power or long whichever we may need) at a time. Thank heaven for sleepy days. I think we are going to be okay.
Thanks for those prayers

3 comments:

Turleygirl said...

I love what you are doing for your mother in law. In the end it will be you who gained the most from this. Ok, so glad you want to play the alphabet game. You have letter M. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

oh i feel bad you would of been more then welcome to join us!!! do you have a facebook??? thats were it all started.. get one there fun to reconnect with everyone and see what there up too.. we are going to do it again so i will let you know when, actually i am game anytime..love that food thing...

Anonymous said...

Hey dorkwad! I didn't know that you had a blog! I do too! We all found each other on facebook. The only reason I am on facebook is to keep track of my kids. Anyway, next time we want you to come, and if you know of anybody else lets invite them too!