Sunday, February 15, 2009


Happy Birthday KnotHead!!!
Today is Cody's 24th birthday. I know it's late and the day is breezing by, but I will get this blogged today!!! His whole life I have seemed to put things off til the last minute and I have to say he is always pretty good natured about it!!! So I will not go to bed tonight until I have said the things about my Cody that I love..... Here goes!!!








I am not sure how any of these picture are going to land so just look back on them as I mention them.
When Cody came into the world, he came in a fast fury to get here. 12 minutes flat. I am not sure what the rush was but it has been a rush ever since. I love how does most things in life in a rush. And he does them well. Take for instance, learning to climb things. At a very early age Cody took on the quality of climbing. We found him at 18 months old on the top of the refrigerator. When he had his first bunk bed he found that going down the ladder at the end was not fast enough, so he figured out a way to hang on to the ceiling fan blade at full speed and then after a few rotations drop to the ground! I am so not kidding! He has always done things in the most round about ways. I love that about him. He is a genious!!! (I am sure that is spelled wrong because I am not one!!!) Anyway, today I look back on the past 24 years and I have to say, as crazy as they seemed back then, they are such great memories. He was such a sweet natured baby and since he came 13 1/2 months after his brother I needed that. Although I thought he never heard a word I said, I know now that Cody was always listening. He always seems to have the answers and I am not sure where he gets them other then at some point in life he had to be listening. Cody is caring. He is such a good friend, to everyone and he is loyal, truely loyal in every sense of the word. I have loved every second of life with him, every single second. I am not quite sure how I survived raising Cody, but now that I look back I am not sure how Cody survived me. His energy is amazing, and when he finally found the place for it, wow is all I have to say. If there was a kid who caught onto the sport of volleyball any faster I would like to meet him. I will never forget when he made such fun of the game when Christopher tried out for the team. Once he watched that game though he knew it was for him and from that moment on he improved so quickly I was amazed. And by the way a pinch proud!!! So much fun to watch and so talented. I thought I was going to die when he graduated and I wouldn't see him play again. I miss seeing him play, but he has now become such a great coach. How wonderful that has been to watch him coach his little sister and little brother. And when his pride was bursting at the seams (but because he was coaching he could'nt just yell it out) he would hide behind the clipboard and say "that's my brother or that's my sister!) I love that about him. Always willing to teach those he can the skill he is so good at. I love this boy. I know that I give him guff all of the time about being so crazy to raise, but really Cody, the memories are so great. I wish I could go back and enjoy the moments again. This time, I would do it with more patience, and I would savor each second of every day. I would enjoy the fan blade breaking into the wall, the moments at the ER for stitches and who knows what else. The sleepwalking that lead to things we just can't even mention!!! I wouldn't change a moment with you. Not one moment. You have brought into my life laughter beyond measure, tears that flow freely, for happy and not so happy moments. Pride that only a parent can feel, and gratitude that you choose me to be your mom. I am so grateful for all of the laughs, and all of the "talks" and all of the late nights we have spent together in this world. You have made an impact on me, and you are going to be such a great dad. I can't wait to see your face when you meet that sweet little person coming your way. I know we tease you about what kind of crazy kid you are going to get, but I hope that it is as crazy and amazing as you are. Then one day you will look back when all the years have passed and you too will wish for those moments again, to cherish. We survived so far and we have so much more in life to survive. We can do it, you are wonderful, amazing, full of life, and I love you dear sweet boy. Keep on being who you are I would have it no other way! I love you Cody James, I really do, and I hope that you really truly know that for sure. Be happy in life and make the impact you were sent her to make. Happy birthday!!! Love Mom



3 comments:

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

You are always so good at writing those... Mine are like 2 lines... I'm lame... but I truely do love your son, you did a great job raising him. and I discovered after i left a comment on Kristina's blog that we both picked Gus for the dogs name!! We are so cool! ;) I love you mom! Thank you so much again for all you do for us!!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Thanks Mommy I love you too!!!!

Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Cody!!! Your Moms memories and Birthday wishes to you brought so many memories flooding back of watching you and your siblings!!! Everything your mom said is so true!!!! You are an amazing Mom wendi!!! Thanks for your parenting tips about enjoying every moment before it is gone!!!!!!!!