I grew up on Brown road where my parents still live. They built that house over 50 something years ago and we were all raised there. It has a great room, 3 beds and 2 baths, kitchen, and dinning room. There are 4 children, thankfully 2 boys and 2 girls. We shared rooms of course and I have nothing but great memories in that home. Yesterday was my brother Scott's birthday and my mom wanted to paint the room where my brothers grew up. One thing is though that when we were kids and Scott was in his teenage years he drew the most amazing pictures on the walls of this room. They were drawn in pencil. I have no clue if he asked if he could do this or not, he probably did, but anyway that was between 30 & 40 years ago. Although they have painted I think once since then they never painted over these wonderfully amazing drawings, until yesterday. Herb and I went over in the morning to help get the job done.... Thankfully by the time we got there my mother had already primed over the drawings or I would have had a much harder time. But it was already too late and they were gone. Childhood memories, primed and out of our lives, or so I thought. Thankfully my brillant parents thought to take pictures of the drawings before they were covered and so here they are...........DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I TOLD YOU THEY WERE AMAZING!!!
If you are old enough to remember the TV show Kung Fu (which we watched every single week and then tried to be just like him). I find it ironic that David Karadean passed away this year. Isn't Scott amazing at art.
Here is another favorite of the Wizard of OZ. We loved that movie. I remember it coming on the Saturday of Thanksgiving week. (I think that is when it was). We stopped life to sit down and watch that movie.... This is the good-bye scene at the end just in case you didn't get the lions tear!!! Anyway to say the least I am so impressed with Scotts talent. I always have been impressed and somewhat jealous well actually very jealous of that talent. I am so grateful that my dad took these pictures. We are going to have them blown up and put in the room. It isn't quite the same, but at least the memory will still be there.By the way, the room looks great, and it was really a fun day to spend with my parents and actually to get to spend the whole entire day with Herbie, that is always a treat.
So thanks for the memories Scott, for you amazing talent, and for your wonderful example of the Savior. I know He loves you and so do I. Happy Birthday Brother, I love you.
7 comments:
I know right where their house is! Does time fly or what? That artwork is incredible!
I couldn't have painted over hem either... good thing Grandma did it or I don't think it ever would have gotten done! I want Uncle Scott to draw a big picture of Odin for me! I need to call him!
how cool is that? i want that talent too! stinkin jealous! i miss you! we really need to catch up!:) love you tons! and happy almost grandma again! haha!!
How nice for your Mom that you were able to come over and paint for her, we love them in our ward, she is the sweetest lady ever, those picture were amazing glad she took some picture's of them, what else went on in your house!???lol we need to do lunch with all of us girls...
What a beautiful talent your brother has. I don't know if I could have painted over them.
Wow Wendi. What a legacy! What a story. That's one for the memory books for sure. Someone has a real gift! I'm so glad they were preserved for the grandchildren! PS Congratulations on that new granddaughter!!!
Wow, he is talented. It looks just like David Carradine when he was the kung fu guy. I had a bad night last night so I have been up to see Stephanie. Hope everything is well with her and baby.....? (Insert name):0
Post a Comment