Friday, January 15, 2010

Gutting and Cleaning.....I hate it and love all at the same time!!!


Wow what a week. Nothing like a boy getting ready to talk in church before his mission to get the January Cleaning Bug going. I hate cleaning, with a passion, but I sure love the outcome. I think I got in the Shower this week, but I am not sure. I know I will get there today because I get to clean them.....Oh what fun. Jordan is talking in church this week at 8:30 a.m. and so I only have a day or 2 left to get all that I want to done. Of course I only push myself like this when there is something amazing going to happen and people might be visiting. So today instead of being all cranky about another day of cleaning I am vowing to be chipper and thrilled that by tomorrow night my house will be spotless in every nook and cranny. Even my closet, which has needed a gutting for about a year!!! So while I continue my effort for this perfectly clean and organized home I will sing at the top of my lungs and be the happiest mom on earth getting ready for that wonderful boy to serve his Heavenly Father and Elder Brother Jesus Christ. As the time comes for him to leave I just seem to be reflecting on what a great young man he is and wondering to myself HOW ON EARTH ARE WE GOING TO SURVIVE LIFE WITHOUT OUR DAILY FILL OF JORDAN!!! But we will and we will feel the blessings of his service, and the Dominican People will never ever be the same. So here is to gutting and cleaning and to the joy that will be felt for the next 2 years.

4 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

You're so good mom! Wish I could be there to help! We love you!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Good job... I'm so excited for you! i know that amazing accomplished feeling when it's all done, it all is worth it! I'm so excited to see all that you did! Love you!

Lisa said...

Great Job!!!!It must be in the air to do that deep cleaning this week. That is all I have done but I am feeling great about it!!! Yes we are going to miss that JORDAN he is such a great young man and will be a great missionary. Just think you and Herb will be empty nester WOW!

Unknown said...

I TOO HAVE BEEN DEEP CLEANING ON MY OFF WEEK OF CHEMO....NOW THAT WE HAVE 2 EMPTY BEDROOMS TIME TO GET ORGANIZED.
GOOD LUCK TO YOUR MISSIONARY, BLAKE LOVES THE DOMINICAN PEOPLE. TELL HIM TO BE PREPARED FOR THEM TO TALK REALLY FAST AND IT IS SLANG SPANISH. HE IS GOING TO LOVE IT