Thursday, January 7, 2010

Time flies...


It just seems like yesterday that Jordan opened his mission call and now he has less then 3 weeks before he reports to the MTC. Crazy how times flies. Here he is with Elder Jaden Turley. They are going to the same mission (isn't that great). Jaden leaves the Provo MTC today and will head down to the one in the Domincan Republic. It seems like we were just at his farewell. He wrote the greatest letter to Jordan yesterday. His recommendations were to just throw yourself into the language and work really hard at feeling the spirit of missionary work. I loved that letter. Thanks Jaden. I really hope that at some point in their mission they get to work together.

Here he is with his best friend since they were born David Hunt. David will be leaving on March 3rd for Brazil. I do wonder what they will do without each other. They are such great kids. I am really grateful for Jordans wonderful friends.
On Monday Jordan and I went shopping for all of the missionary stuff. It was so much fun. He knew exactly what he wanted and went for it. I know that will be the same while he serves. He knows what the Lord wants him to do and he will just put himself into the work and get done exactly what the Lord would have him get done. I really hope those wonderful Dominicans are ready for this wonderful boy.
I love the blessings that come when you have a missionary out. I Love This Boy and I know that the Lord loves him as well and will guide him and keep him safe.
Time flies...


3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Time does fly! He will be a great missionary and I know he will totally immerse himself in the work and with the people. Can't wait to see what he is like when he returns.

Lisa said...

He is going to be such a wonderful missionary.It was so neat to have in the Temple last night and he just glows with a love for the gospel. Love that kid.

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

:) ... :( It's really starting to hit me cause he has been taking those trips... This is going to a great and rough couple years