Dad was busy today giving rasberries (which he is very good at) and mom and I just laughed and laughed and laughed at him. (I am not sure whether he thought any of it was funny at all! But we sure did!!!
Mom and I enjoyed dinner together on the couch. We made her get off of the bed and eat on the couch for a little change tonight. She is so funny!
In rare form today. When I arrived after only a few winks of sleep this morning, I was a pinch out of it to say the least. The nurses aides were coming to take care of her needs this morning and they ended up being a pinch later then we thought, so when I got there it was just the 3 of us! Mom had eaten her cereal and so I began counting out her pills. Today there were only 6 Yeah!!! She took them like a good little girl and then the laughter began. She told me about this dream she had last night and said it was about this perfect world she wanted. Where non of this stuff (like the oxygen tanks, and the hospital bed, and the pads, and diapers, and medicine, etc) was there. She was in Prescott (where she was born and raised) and there was 3 feet of snow on the ground. Now mind you the night before we had looked at pictures till late in the evening and there were pictures of that very thing from when she was young. She says that she really wants to go back to Prescott and stay there, little does she know that will probably not be able to happen, but we are going to try asking the doctor this week if maybe we can go for a one day trip if we are really careful!!! We shall see. Anyway back to the dream, I asked her (in a joking manner of course) if she had seen her parents in the dream and she said no!!! We laughed. Then she said the funniest thing. She said "Really it's not bad here, we are just missing one thing." I asked what that was and she said "The Big Black Bag!!!" I thought in my head is she talking about a body bag and so I tried giving hints, and she said "You know the one with the zipper that they will put me in!!!" Then she began to belly laugh out loud for a really long time, like 20 seconds!!! I laughed as well, but poor dad did not find any humor in this at all. I was sitting in the wheelchair (like a little kid playing with it of course) when she was telling me all of this. Rolling around her bed and laughing with her. I thought it was wonderful, but poor dad. He left the room after giving us both really big rasberries!!! About 5 minutes later he came back in from the garage with a whole bunch of black garbage sacks and said "Here's your black bags!!!" Mom said, "I won't fit into one of those!!!" And again the laughter started. She was hillarious, it was really fun actually, we had a great time. If you can't laugh all you have left is to cry. I am glad we are laughing. Then I said "I wish I would not have worn these pants, they are way too tight and all this laughing is making them even more uncomfortable. So again Dad get's up and leaves and comes back about 5 minutes later with his old overalls. He throws them at me and says "Here put these on" so I did. I love overalls, I love them. I was so happy they fit and everything. So now I have a great pair of overalls and a sore stomach from all of the laughing. She was not so happy when the nurses aides came for sure. She has been in too many different hospitals this month and really just wanted nobody else to come and take care of her. She said to me before they came. Why can't you just do all of it? I said to her that I needed the break every so often to get things done at my house. And then she made me feel so good. She said "what if they are crabby?" I said "They won't be any crabbier then me" and she said "Your'e not crabby, you are sweet." I needed that so badly. Mind you I have been in this family for 27 years plus the dating time and she really hasn't ever said anything like that to me at all. So that was really nice. She said "Will you please tell them how to do it the way I like it, you are so good at everything." Mom really blessed my life today with those wonderful comments. Just when you think you have someone figured out, they throw you for a huge loop. I liked the loop today. I really am enjoying her. We laugh, and we hug, and I am so glad that I get to share these moments (hard as they are, and believe me they are hard) with her and dad. He is having a really hard time, as he should be. 57 years they have been married this June, and that is a really long time. He is gentle and loving to her and that is new for us to witness as well. Tender mercies, I love em. All in all it was a really long, tiring day, but one with great memories and love shared, and that's not bad at all if you ask me. Until tomorrow, thanks for the prayers.
Mom and I enjoyed dinner together on the couch. We made her get off of the bed and eat on the couch for a little change tonight. She is so funny!
In rare form today. When I arrived after only a few winks of sleep this morning, I was a pinch out of it to say the least. The nurses aides were coming to take care of her needs this morning and they ended up being a pinch later then we thought, so when I got there it was just the 3 of us! Mom had eaten her cereal and so I began counting out her pills. Today there were only 6 Yeah!!! She took them like a good little girl and then the laughter began. She told me about this dream she had last night and said it was about this perfect world she wanted. Where non of this stuff (like the oxygen tanks, and the hospital bed, and the pads, and diapers, and medicine, etc) was there. She was in Prescott (where she was born and raised) and there was 3 feet of snow on the ground. Now mind you the night before we had looked at pictures till late in the evening and there were pictures of that very thing from when she was young. She says that she really wants to go back to Prescott and stay there, little does she know that will probably not be able to happen, but we are going to try asking the doctor this week if maybe we can go for a one day trip if we are really careful!!! We shall see. Anyway back to the dream, I asked her (in a joking manner of course) if she had seen her parents in the dream and she said no!!! We laughed. Then she said the funniest thing. She said "Really it's not bad here, we are just missing one thing." I asked what that was and she said "The Big Black Bag!!!" I thought in my head is she talking about a body bag and so I tried giving hints, and she said "You know the one with the zipper that they will put me in!!!" Then she began to belly laugh out loud for a really long time, like 20 seconds!!! I laughed as well, but poor dad did not find any humor in this at all. I was sitting in the wheelchair (like a little kid playing with it of course) when she was telling me all of this. Rolling around her bed and laughing with her. I thought it was wonderful, but poor dad. He left the room after giving us both really big rasberries!!! About 5 minutes later he came back in from the garage with a whole bunch of black garbage sacks and said "Here's your black bags!!!" Mom said, "I won't fit into one of those!!!" And again the laughter started. She was hillarious, it was really fun actually, we had a great time. If you can't laugh all you have left is to cry. I am glad we are laughing. Then I said "I wish I would not have worn these pants, they are way too tight and all this laughing is making them even more uncomfortable. So again Dad get's up and leaves and comes back about 5 minutes later with his old overalls. He throws them at me and says "Here put these on" so I did. I love overalls, I love them. I was so happy they fit and everything. So now I have a great pair of overalls and a sore stomach from all of the laughing. She was not so happy when the nurses aides came for sure. She has been in too many different hospitals this month and really just wanted nobody else to come and take care of her. She said to me before they came. Why can't you just do all of it? I said to her that I needed the break every so often to get things done at my house. And then she made me feel so good. She said "what if they are crabby?" I said "They won't be any crabbier then me" and she said "Your'e not crabby, you are sweet." I needed that so badly. Mind you I have been in this family for 27 years plus the dating time and she really hasn't ever said anything like that to me at all. So that was really nice. She said "Will you please tell them how to do it the way I like it, you are so good at everything." Mom really blessed my life today with those wonderful comments. Just when you think you have someone figured out, they throw you for a huge loop. I liked the loop today. I really am enjoying her. We laugh, and we hug, and I am so glad that I get to share these moments (hard as they are, and believe me they are hard) with her and dad. He is having a really hard time, as he should be. 57 years they have been married this June, and that is a really long time. He is gentle and loving to her and that is new for us to witness as well. Tender mercies, I love em. All in all it was a really long, tiring day, but one with great memories and love shared, and that's not bad at all if you ask me. Until tomorrow, thanks for the prayers.
3 comments:
hello there and greetings
great job: pleasure to visit your page
***e'cryst_webministry***
http://www-ecrystwebministry.blogspot.com/
Alright, I have been your friend for how many years now? Atleast 9
How do I become part of the incrowd or your bloglist I should say????
Loved the pictures!
Post a Comment