Well today was the big day. Here is his plane at gate 17. I learned the trick of going to the top level of the parking lot and finding the gate that they are leaving from when Christopher left. So we did it again and everyone waved.

The last little picture of our wonderful boy, he is sending his love via sign language....

Right before he went through security. It was a wonderful experience seeing all those boys leaving to go and serve the Lord. They were all so excited.
Here he is with his friends Connor, David, and Tyler. David will leave March 2nd for Brazil, and Tyler leaves at the end of April for Mexico. I love these boys....
Cody, Stephanie, and Lexee giving great hugs.
These babies will be sooooo big when he gets back.
Just passing the time, great guys for sure.
We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Welker's on the way to the airport to get good hugs.
We also stopped by the ward building because the Bishop told him his placque was up. Here it is!
The Hunt family will have 3 boys out on a mission together. Doug, their oldest is in Korea, and Jordan in the Dominican, and David in March to Brazil. He loves the Hunts for sure.
All packed and ready to go.
Bishop is always so supportive.
The last little picture of our wonderful boy, he is sending his love via sign language....
Right before he went through security. It was a wonderful experience seeing all those boys leaving to go and serve the Lord. They were all so excited.
President Gulbrandsen gave Jordan such a beautiful blessing. He has been called to be a Mission President himself, so there were lots of tender missionary feelings. It was an amazing evening, filled with the spirit so strong. I love worthy Priesthood Leaders. He will be a wonderful Mission President. He even could end up being Jordan's!!! Would'nt that be crazy!!!
I am so proud of this boy. He is so great and fun. We will miss his spirit in our lives for sure, but are so grateful for his willingness to serve. He will be such a good missionary.
Go forth and serve with all of your heart sweet boy.
We love you........
12 comments:
Go Jordan! We are so proud of you!
He will be so great! Love you!!
gonna miss that boy! hang in there wendi!:) love you!
Oh sure, make me cry all over again! What a bittersweet day. I hope you are doing OK. Cuz I sure didn't! Good luck Jordan!
I just cry thinking about it. I would have been a total mess at the airport. I even started crying Monday night when I hugged him. I am so going to miss him. Love you!
He's so great! Thanks for letting me take him. We love you and are so excited to hear more!
Wow you look so composed in those pictures! I think I would have bawled my eyeballs out of my head.
He looks amazing, and I must say that Jacque's blog posting made me feel much better. Congratulations on having a missionary son!!
I too am so very impressed at how you kept yourself together girl!
Have you had a good cry yet.
Your post had me bawlin' my eyes out. Truly a bittersweet.
I absolutely loved having a missionary out- the blessings are amazing. Let me know if you need anything, even just a hug.
Love you friend... and you're so right, he's going to be an amazing missionary!
Wendi; bitter sweet day, you want them to go and serve, but you miss em so much. we are at 4 months now, and it seems like an eternity. One step towards becoming the man he wants to be....good for him....and prayers with you Love monya
I thought about you guys all day on Wednesday. Hope you all made it through the day without too many tears. He will be such a wonderful missionary. I am excited to hear stories via your blog. Love you tons!
yeah, i still have 2 other callings!:) ahaha. AHHH but. i hope i can do a good job...stinkin stressful! but...i have no clue what to pick. THATS why i will leave it up to the girls! haha. love you! hang in there. ever need a dose of a daughter? give me a call! haha
He will be wonderful!!!! He is so ready:)
Post a Comment